Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Kitchen cupboard door rattle

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Hi Everyone

I've got a very annoying tizz coming from my left hand kitchen cupboard door. I have searched on here but can't find any reference to anyone actually removing a cupboard door at all.

Does anyone know how this can be done? I just want to check for play, loose things etc etc.

I have found I can stop it by wedging a bit of card in between the doors when shut (and it didn't used to do it!) so there must be something loose or come unstuck.

Cheers

Hi Everyone

I've got a very annoying tizz coming from my left hand kitchen cupboard door. I have searched on here but can't find any reference to anyone actually removing a cupboard door at all.

Does anyone know how this can be done? I just want to check for play, loose things etc etc.

I have found I can stop it by wedging a bit of card in between the doors when shut (and it didn't used to do it!) so there must be something loose or come unstuck.

Cheers
Check that Part 38, the Lower Door Runners, is properly clicked into place.
Pull firmly towards the cupboard opening.

F4FDA012-55AE-44C5-8910-98B18C5CBFDF.jpeg

Check that the bottom runeer hasn't come loose from the floor. Ours did and made the doors rattle a bit.

All sorted now hopefully. Bottom runner was a very tiny bit out and the top hinge on the left hand door was a tiny bit loose too. Small allen key to tighten up and now it seems quiet again. A test drive will tell but that can wait for a few days.

Absolutely couldn't see how you'd replace a door if required though, apart from unscrewing the allen screws on the hinges to let the door flop forward. Is that really the way?!

All sorted now hopefully. Bottom runner was a very tiny bit out and the top hinge on the left hand door was a tiny bit loose too. Small allen key to tighten up and now it seems quiet again. A test drive will tell but that can wait for a few days.

Absolutely couldn't see how you'd replace a door if required though, apart from unscrewing the allen screws on the hinges to let the door flop forward. Is that really the way?!
I think you unclip the bottom runner.

I think you unclip the bottom runner.

I have the same thing but can’t see how to tighten the runner...could you explain a little more how to do it please ?

I have the same thing but can’t see how to tighten the runner...could you explain a little more how to do it please ?
The lower runner just clips into the aluminium base of the kitchen unit. It can become loose and move backwards into the unit thus loosening the R hand door in particular.
Open R hand door , put fingers behind runner and pull towards you. It should click into position.

The lower runner just clips into the aluminium base of the kitchen unit. It can become loose and move backwards into the unit thus loosening the R hand door in particular.
Open R hand door , put fingers behind runner and pull towards you. It should click into position.

Thanks So much for the reply ...the runner doesn’t seem to have any movement so not sure if it is the same as yours ..I have attached a picture of the runner

1F179988-FB77-4A5F-8118-2FBDE5E10AA5.jpeg

Thanks So much for the reply ...the runner doesn’t seem to have any movement so not sure if it is the same as yours ..I have attached a picture of the runner

View attachment 56223
That looks OK.
Have you checked that the hangers are tight. Positioned on the rear of the door top.
Take the shelves out.
Half open R door then head through opening to check the upper R hanger.
Then repeat on the L hand side as there are 2 hangers per door.

Back