Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Konig snow chains...

Sportstest

Sportstest

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all, headed for the mountains and have my M&S tyres fitted (as opposed to S&M ones which are only saved for "Special Weekends") [other supermarkets are available]....but feel/think/understand I should also have chains (back to those special weekends ;)).....anyhows....

I was going to purchase some Thule/Konig easy fit CU-9's (the easy on and off appeals to me), but when I look at the Konig website (konigchain.com) this suggests that the easy fit are not in the recommended product list for our dear Cali's!!!! :(

Are our van's too heavy, is this something anyone else has noted, and what are preferred options?

Thanks in advance....I need to be quick with the order as travelling in 10 days...

Hi Garry

We have these and used them a lot over the last 6 weeks in Europe , had them on and off at least 10 times and found them brilliantly easy to use.

We have a 2017 204Ocean DSG.

We have Goodyear Cargo Vector all season tyres
The below is info from our order form from snowchains.co.uk, we paid £284 excluding shipping.

CU9-235 215/60x17 Thule/Konig Easy-fit SUV -

Hope this helps

Kevin

CU9-235 215/60x17 Thule/Konig Easy-fit SUV -

Kevin

You went for these rather than the CU9-104 which also appear to fit a 215/60 R17

Sadly I can't find anything on the Konig site which recommends whether the chain is suitable for the weight and don't want to make a costly mistake.