Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

La Ravoire, Lake Annecy, August 2012

BMVS-Camper-Hire

BMVS-Camper-Hire

Camperhire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Just waiting for our booking confirmation now. We are off here for 8 days in August, myself, wife and 3 kids.

It's looks a great site, right on the edge of Lake Annecy, pool, flumes, bar, restaurant etc that gets great reviews.

We are all very excited about it, the Alpes are amazing in the summer :mrgreen:

Anyone else been here, or the surrounding areas with any recommends or must see's?

I've not been to that site although it looks great. We have done lots of the local area on motorbike trips over the years and love it. You can't go far wrong!

Last time we were in the area, we took this monster (affectionately known as "the Black Pig" and not quite as comfy as a Cali) over the Grand St Bernard pass - on the way to Turin.
IMG_1108Large.jpg

All booked, only 312 euros for 8 nights - I think that is excellent value :D

Sounds great. I would love to know what your planning to pack for 5 of you travelling that far.

We're waiting on our new Cali and will have 2 adults and 3 children 9, 7 and new born plus small dog travelling so any tips great fully recieved....

MKRW

We pack as light a possible. Last year we did just over two weeks, 3000 miles around Europe and visited 8 countries, so we are quite practised at the art of packing. We took 4 bikes, two kayaks, food and toys etc, however you couldn't move in the Campervan when loaded. We use big storage boxes, six in total, behind the rear seat, as this made it easy, when arriving at site, to unpack. We would then pack softer items around them. Our khyam awning went in the passenger compartment, next to the 5th seat. It was a military operation, packing and unpacking the California. We started packing a few days before we left, to make sure we had everything packed in the best locations.

We are going to pack even lighter this year as we are only going to one destination.

Sounds great and very similar to what we're going to be facing, I like the idea of large storage boxes to make unpacking / packing easier.

Looking forward to the adventure...

We are now thinking of towing our 4 metre rib down with us. Has anyone taken a boat to annecy before?

Thinking of Annecy next July, does this site have connections, we don't really cycle but would like to leave the van on site some days and catch a bus to Annecy?

How was La Ravoire, would you recommend it

How was La Ravoire, would you recommend it
We stayed there three years ago. Very good site and would recommend it. Probably gets busy in high season, as do they all around the lake. Very convenient for the cycle path into Annecy but it’s the wrong side of a busy road for direct access to the lake. There are a couple of other sites with better access but not sure what they are like.

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman