Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lake district

F

fatty thumb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I am looking to visit the lake district over Christmas anyone know of any sites that are open?

Many thanks welshgas I will get the old fella to look at your links tomorrow
Thanks jean

Watch the news right now.
Those poor people are having a dreadful time in the torrential rain.
It will take months of dry for them and the campsites to recover.

We live in Kendal, next to the Lakes - unless there are more floods you should be fine by Christmas. The flood water is draining away as we speak.
My top recommendation is the National Trust campsite site at the head of the Langdale valley. It is usually open all year - we've been there on New Years Eve. Stunning scenery, fantastic walks on your doorstep and my all time favorite pub (Old Dungeon Ghyll) 5 mins walk away - great beer and real chips! What more could you want?

National Trust at Wasdale Head/Wastwater also very nice.

The place is very prone to power cuts so make sure you have enough food and water and warm clothing is you are relying on hookup for your heat. ;) I know from bitter cold experience. ;)

Agreed MattBW - it's not as accessible certainly, if you're coming up from the south - but then that's part of its attraction! I'd avoid going over Wrynose and Hardnot passes - fun but a bit stressful for the less intrepid negotiating the single track hairpin bends at fairly severe gradients - especially if you meet a vehicle coming in the opposite direction. Though I know some here think nothing of it!