Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Last greater adventure

Leo Sande

Leo Sande

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
At the age of 82 (Dec 2016) I am to embark on the last greater adventure in my life.

For more than 25 years my friend/partner and I have traveled Europe around in 5 motor-homes of various sizes. Finally my friend decided - for strength and health reasons - to put a stop to this. When we sadly had to set our last motor-home up for sale at a dealer we suddenly run into a VW California T6. I decided quickly - had of course thought of it long time before - to continue camping life alone for yet a couple of years.

My California is from 2014 and had only run 13000 km when it became mine, a month ago. The former owner had been very careful and the camper is as completely new. It has the 110/150 engine and the GSD auto gearbox. I have extended/modified the camper with several different front window covers, bedding arrangements, bike holder, carpets and a micro. I do not intend to use the top roof. In addition to camping tours I will use the California as a daily car, errands, food shopping and alike. VW California seems to be rather rare in Sweden although the VW Multivan/Caravell are rather common.

I have already made two five days camping tours, trying out living in it, and will next week go on a three weeks tour in Denmark and northern Germany. Very exited about my last adventure.

Could be a long adventure once you get gripped (which you will) with how easy and how marvellous it is.
Have fun!

At the age of 82 (Dec 2016) I am to embark on the last greater adventure in my life.

For more than 25 years my friend/partner and I have traveled Europe around in 5 motor-homes of various sizes. Finally my friend decided - for strength and health reasons - to put a stop to this. When we sadly had to set our last motor-home up for sale at a dealer we suddenly run into a VW California T6. I decided quickly - had of course thought of it long time before - to continue camping life alone for yet a couple of years.

My California is from 2014 and had only run 13000 km when it became mine, a month ago. The former owner had been very careful and the camper is as completely new. It has the 110/150 engine and the GSD auto gearbox. I have extended/modified the camper with several different front window covers, bedding arrangements, bike holder, carpets and a micro. I do not intend to use the top roof. In addition to camping tours I will use the California as a daily car, errands, food shopping and alike. VW California seems to be rather rare in Sweden although the VW Multivan/Caravell are rather common.

I have already made two five days camping tours, trying out living in it, and will next week go on a three weeks tour in Denmark and northern Germany. Very exited about my last adventure.

Good for you Leo!
I only hope I can be doing the same as you when I reach your age.

Inspirational post Leo. Hope you have a wonderful adventure, and that it's a very, very looooooong one.

Best wishes :thumb

Welcome , and many respect to you for taking on such adventures!
And thanks for sharing this , we all love to do this when we reach your ages but guess few do.
Keep us updated , many nice people on here love to hear your adventures

Enjoy yourself! It's great that you have such a positive attitude.

Leo

Leo! You are a star. We are in our 60s and love our Cali. In fact, as I type, we are headed for the Spanish / French boarder towards Carcassonne. With 6 dogs. If you ever visit Cambridge area, come and pitch up.

How completely fabulous - I'm SOOO impressed! My husband and I are only in our 50s and have just ordered an Ocean. We are hoping to use it for as long as we can, and when we're too cronky to get up top we'll just use the downstairs bed. I've got MS so am hoping my legs don't give up on me because he'll have to build a winch if they do!

I hope you have a fabulous time in your VW and keep us posted with photos. x

Fantastic Leo! Proving to us all that age is just a number! I hope you can post some pictures from your Denmark and Germany adventure. :bananadance

Fantastic. I have a friend who is 81 and is working 20+ hours a week and travels arround the world giving lectures still. It gives me hope as well as your post.
Nice to see yet another swede on the forums. Where are you located?

Fantastic. I have a friend who is 81 and is working 20+ hours a week and travels arround the world giving lectures still. It gives me hope as well as your post.
Nice to see yet another swede on the forums. Where are you located?

I live in Helsingborg.