Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Last owner ?

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Left deposit today on a Ocean 2015, with 30k on clock and in exceptional condition, would it be possible the last owner was a member and if so be asked if we can make contact, his name was paul mellor and lives in pershore

Why would you want to make contact with the last
owner? Is there a problem?

Just would like to check that everything is ok and nothing needs doing before picup

Have you any pictures of it?

His forum name might be a bit different
to his real name.

You can apply to DVLA for details of previous owner(s). They have a form online to do this.

I have used this in the past to contact previous owners of a classic car.

Left deposit today on a Ocean 2015, with 30k on clock and in exceptional condition, would it be possible the last owner was a member and if so be asked if we can make contact, his name was paul mellor and lives in pershore
Are they selling it as an Ocean? That was the 2016 T6 . Yours is an SE.

Now i just called it the ocean because i thought it was !! They are selling as a SE

If you google his name & area it will show you company / tel number that he works for. Worth giving that number a call to see if he is willing to speak to you.

(Its the 180bhp engine…so important to check for past faults. There is a recent thread on here from someone who purchased a slightly older van recently and had issues after the sale.)

I did this, got a reply from DVLA that data protection didn't allow it.
Yes you need to give a reason why you need the information. I stated that it was to complete history file on the car plus as a member of the owners club for the vehicle type, it is important that we maintain a comprehensive history data set in order to maintain contacts and are able to advise on all mechanical details and issues with that vehicle type. I suggest that you try again.

Unless you have “Just cause” they will not give any information out about owners or previous owners. Now if you are a rouge parking company and you pay the DVLA a fee that’s different. Only other way is the police then obviously they get ALL the info they need.

I suggest that you try again.
I told them that I wanted the roof repair history, I thought that would be a good enough reason.
I eventually got an address when I found that the sat nav history had not been deleted, but haven't followed it up yet.

Back