Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Late September/early October Europe trip......where to go?

veg_frenzy

veg_frenzy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
All,
Would appreciate some ideas for a late summer/early autumn trip. Thinking is to 'go south', as temperatures would still be OK (at least better than Northern Europe). Probably 2 weeks. Thinking southern France, Northern Spain or Portugal.
Any ideas/suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Tuscany is beautiful in that time. Still pretty good weather, not too warm, and most of the tourists have gone home.

Also the Alps are a good gamble, in that period of the year you have the best chance of very clear, crisp skies with very good long range views.

xKO0NGulZiLiuxKhd1WJ2UjiusEKLyE7JGVVejXLukl7Gqvl0563WUDM4977v9QJH4eLBxIgRJlSXaDGcPsDt1CGlr-w-KRHvz-dZgB2VitfkAUBX_eiRFy74iHtNonc057PHjufkGWe_Z58D5HFmUbVGpxLeq7PzEkxz6UYUbm7f3RC-6D3e9bYRfLeQuNf5zXaPeIqI6ohtaY26EwHHFh-I93MmjHrsT2hPot2Qvc3pv09x9-RivZOz4wLZfCRMuJwehDWEmFTWlnAEDGfcnJGqo5d3ZdjJQ6oXMtCizRnekBOObiCLNsFt9U8Rhi75fUlhAqOXfV7ENZg0LR2Q-F67tAWeaj1y5aGQs1g1agy-Mgn_JieebEW2FC8DSyg1pahUeemK90z7TbbvgN_0nxSa_TVCCY6VxuwPabSkK1QLqgb4K7wJvQxKSXeeMiK3UEBpirQna4NOx9XAdkZc6s8s0mYp4z8inPx3Z9fmwOl9wsVFPwAs7kTDHa05HbL-yrNB6NMlkF6jZH2klgQBSjokZ-oR-LLNhSNGJ9IkIe8xS2lc23cYusqjg3nzVn7M_D_gxPN_KWXIihb6IJjDkXZcf2UJVvhAdlYCejT902H20U5HSaZLCTMLg=w1928-h1290-no

Agree - we've been to Tuscany (via France & Switzerland, back via Germany & Belgium) the last three years & its lovely weather in last week of Sept & first week of Oct, mostly!

Had the odd duff day, but mostly shorts & t-shirts and very pleasant for camping out.

We spent time in Portugal that time of year and its lovely.

I expect it is - we flew to Portugal last week of May & whilst the sun and air temp was perfect, the water was a bit colder than ideal for swimming. I expect by the end of the season (when it's quieter too) it'd be perfect.

At the very bottom SW corner past Lagos nearly every other vehicle is a camper & we were very happy paying €2.50 a pint, so much cheaper than France or Italy to eat and drink.

South 'Med' coast beach:
IMG_4665.JPG

West 'Atlantic' coast beach:
IMG_4845.JPG

Agree with Tuscany, October can be wonderful, but nearer to home almost is Provence, where I would go.