Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Law of Unintended Consequences or Every Cloud has a Silver Lining? Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.
New sales opportunity?

Well Greta Thunburg seems to have got here way, but maybe not in the way she was expecting.
Manufacturing is slowing, significantly, and mass transport and air transport grinding to a halt as countries hunker down for the long haul.
Global pollution levels continue to fall and unlikely to return to the former levels for some time because of the global financial downturn as well.

Well Greta Thunburg seems to have got here way, but maybe not in the way she was expecting.
Manufacturing is slowing, significantly, and mass transport and air transport grinding to a halt as countries hunker down for the long haul.
Global pollution levels continue to fall and unlikely to return to the former levels for some time because of the global financial downturn as well.
Nature knows best!

Lets look on the bright side. Here are some positives:
  • ISIS has advised its ‘citizens’ against travel outside its borders.
  • Air transport grounded - great news for climate change
  • Unnecessary travel restricted - road deaths reduced more than offset virus deaths
  • No one is talking about brexit.

There are a large number out there either in or going to be under considerable financial pressure due to no fault of their own.

I’m hearing a lot of requests from various bodies for government assistance but they are not going to be in a position to bail everyone out.

One thing that seems a no brainier to me is for the financial institutions who were bailed out themselves to be leading a strategy to give mortgage breaks to those affected by extending the length of mortgages.

It would go a great way to healing the feelings towards the industry and have little impact on them in the long run.

At the end of the it is in their interests as there is no way they will be allowed to get heavy handed with those in short term difficulty so why not lead an initiative to alleviate the pressure.

Equally people unable to pay their rent or bills are not going to be thrown onto the streets or cut off so these issues need to be addressed. Create good will and allow people to focus on what’s important.

There will be those in longer term difficulty but that will be more complicated and painful.

Time for the financial industry to lead the way rather than be dragged I say ....

Mike

Sorry just don’t get this post.
Would you be kind enough to explain how it relates to my Post.

Sorry just don’t get this post.
Would you be kind enough to explain how it relates to my Post.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

What a fantastic looking boat.

As boys we graduated from Mirrors to a Fireball as pubescent hormones dictated a greater adrenalin rush, but only very occasionally when hitting a freak wave in exactly the right way did we get airborne.

I'm now looking forward to introducing my boys (5 & 6) to the Optimist this year, and maybe the three of us will get out in the Mirror.
Don't know what I'd do with that high speed machine but I was the same as a Sea Scout we started off on MIrrors and then onto Enterprises and then Fireballs and wow. We used to race out across the Wash to the Lynn Well lightboat and take them newspapers and milk. How boats change - 4 years ago we were walking near Hurst Castle and this really tall boat appeared with dark blue sails - it was literally flying (out of the water) and a high speed RIB couldn't keep up with it; I couldn't believe the speed and later found it was Ben Ainslie testing his Blue Ribband boat - wow

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!!
Well you still haven't explained your post.
At least a pot is more versatile than a kettle.

Well you still haven't explained your post.
At least a pot is more versatile than a kettle.
I think that the newspaper article said all I need say, but in case you genuinely missed it: you appear obsessed with the thought that a young Swedish climate activist gains so much attention, so much so that you use her name as a word of insult and think to mention how she might feel when you learn of a dramatic drop in airline traffic.

It's all rather odd.

I think that the newspaper article said all I need say, but in case you genuinely missed it: you appear obsessed with the thought that a young Swedish climate activist gains so much attention, so much so that you use her name as a word of insult and think to mention how she might feel when you learn of a dramatic drop in airline traffic.

It's all rather odd.
Your rather odd for thinking of that interpretation.
She wanted Government's to do more, and she and her followers seem to have got their wish, just not in the way they anticipated.
There is no getting away from it that she is the face of the Climate Change movement, no matter what I or others think, and as an Unintended Consequence of the pandemic pollution levels are dropping for the foreseeable future. Or would you disagree?

I’m sure most are web savvy and no great surprise but there is a spike in email scams. Cures tax rebates etc etc.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back