Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lazy Bag

GillianC

GillianC

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
image.jpeg Bought one of these at Carfest and have been crying with laughter trying to

a) inflate it with no breeze and
b) get on and stay on in an elegant manner

The first time I tried it unceremoniously decanted me off sideways nose down on the grass!

Anyone use these and if so any tips?

:IamsorryShould have left it on the trade stand and your money in your pocket.

:IamsorryShould have left it on the trade stand and your money in your pocket.

It was worth it for the amusement value alone. I haven't laughed so much for a long long time!
Lots of people had them at the weekend with varying degrees of success and I did manage an hour on it in the garden today.
No way would I attempt it in a campsite yet though.

If you don't master the inflating technique before you put your back out you could always use it as a wet bag for storing wet gear.
Keep trying!
I'm currently perfecting the packing of a Quechua pop up shelter .... Prior to on site humiliation!

If you don't master the inflating technique before you put your back out you could always use it as a wet bag for storing wet gear.
Keep trying!
I'm currently perfecting the packing of a Quechua pop up shelter .... Prior to on site humiliation!

Good idea! I could do it last year but need to practise again before putting it up again. Some kind forum member said that it is much easier to leave two sides pegged to fold it back then unpeg when you have the triangle on the ground. Helps enormously.

Hi Gillian, we resisted at carfest but reckon it could be good addition, the best demo i saw was the sales guy saying to imagine you are standing knee deep in water and you are trying to scoop up the water in the lazy bag - he made it look easy his colleague less so! Sounds like good entertainment value.

Ken

IMG_4549.JPG IMG_4562.JPG We bought two in a sale, took an amusing 10 mins to inflate with no wind, once quickly mastered, we spent an hour with wine, snuggled inside watching the stars come out over Exmoor. However the dog found it much more of a challenge and was the evening entertainment. And no GillianC I don't believe you can extract yourself elegantly!

I got one of those cheap versions also some time ago .
Inflating went pretty well , however when i gently lowerd myself in it only 10 sec later...bang! .... a seam ript open ...broken!
Folded it nicely back in the box and went to get my money back.

Hi Gillian, we resisted at carfest but reckon it could be good addition, the best demo i saw was the sales guy saying to imagine you are standing knee deep in water and you are trying to scoop up the water in the lazy bag - he made it look easy his colleague less so! Sounds like good entertainment value.

Ken
Watching this and people trying to fold up their Quecha pop up tents adds to the entertainment at campsites.

I got one of those cheap versions also some time ago .
Inflating went pretty well , however when i gently lowerd myself in it only 10 sec later...bang! .... a seam ript open ...broken!
Folded it nicely back in the box and went to get my money back.

Now that must have been funny? :)

I invested in a fatboy a few weeks back and finally tested it out on Monday.
Took a few tries, but did suss it.
Quite impressed .

IMG_6029.JPG

View attachment 25206 View attachment 25207 We bought two in a sale, took an amusing 10 mins to inflate with no wind, once quickly mastered, we spent an hour with wine, snuggled inside watching the stars come out over Exmoor. However the dog found it much more of a challenge and was the evening entertainment. And no GillianC I don't believe you can extract yourself elegantly!

My border terriers were trying to join in too! I was worried that their nails would send me into orbit like a released balloon :(
Love your photos.

My border terriers were trying to join in too! I was worried that their nails would send me into orbit like a released balloon :(
Love your photos.
I had the same worries, gave up on it in the end and filmed her trying to settle!!

Ooh... was looking In envy at a lazy boy in the beach south France yesterday....... they made it work. But can you lay down on your front in one to get your back tanned too? Without putting your back out? That would be the selling point for me!

Ooh... was looking In envy at a lazy boy in the beach south France yesterday....... they made it work. But can you lay down on your front in one to get your back tanned too? Without putting your back out? That would be the selling point for me!

Only if your back is made of rubberbands....:D

Don't think so unless you want to be the camp entertainment for the evening!

Back