Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Le Mans

I drove the Mulsanne straight and Porsche curves 3 weeks ago. Preparations were in full swing. I wanted to visit the museum but it was closed due to the race.

leman.jpg

leman2.jpg

Looking good on entry, late on the brakes, take a bit of kerb, foot in :pinkbanana

Not there, but currently watching the carnage on track.
Have been there before just never when the racing was on. Enjoy.

What a race. Loved every minute. Albeit from the sofa. Want to take my son in the Cali next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Happy for Ferrari. I had no idea they hadn't competed for 58 years. Ford must have really hurt Enzo. And then to win in a nail biting finale. Bravo.

Happy for Ferrari. I had no idea they hadn't competed for 58 years. Ford must have really hurt Enzo. And then to win in a nail biting finale. Bravo.

They last won in the top class 58 years ago, last competed in the top class 50 years ago with the fantastic 312PB

Last edited:
You are aware Toyota were carrying a BOP weight penalty (37kg I think?) after the last race so Ferrari had the edge. It was close after two failed restarts in the pits for the Ferrari.

Thought the Porsche would have been better.

I drove the Mulsanne straight and Porsche curves 3 weeks ago. Preparations were in full swing. I wanted to visit the museum but it was closed due to the race.

View attachment 109607

View attachment 109608
I did the same on the day before it closed 30 years ago. Wasn't very speedy though with a Merc 190D with a caravan on the back. Plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere though.
I did the Museum year before Covid and best and most interesting motor museum I've visited so far.

I did the same on the day before it closed 30 years ago. Wasn't very speedy though with a Merc 190D with a caravan on the back. Plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere though.
I did the Museum year before Covid and best and most interesting motor museum I've visited so far.
What struck me was the proximity of the 'track' to regular houses. Not unlike the Isle of Man TT course.

What struck me was the proximity of the 'track' to regular houses. Not unlike the Isle of Man TT course.
Shows the history from when it started. Museum shows the evolution of the traffic/course routing since day one.

Not this year - missing the 'Classique' as we have a family celebration. Will miss the crac at the Porsche Curves with the Travel Destinations guys. Enjoy the scrum at the 'proper' race.

View attachment P7010007 (2).jpg