Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaky Sink Waste?

Trav88

Trav88

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi!

My sink waste storage tank seems to be leaking, the actual sink faucet and U bend is fine, but there must be a leak somewhere, perhaps a loose tube.

Does anyone know how easy it is to remove?

As far as I remember it is necessary to remove all the furniture block to remove the waste tank. But if the upper hoses are ok, check the level sensor lid and the inspection lead. Also the exit pipes should be visible next to the closing tap in the cupboard. Check the tap as well.
Check also other possible sources, more likely for me: especially the sliding window above sink.

I've checked the hoses and there are no signs of leaks. Its very strange, when I turn on the tap, the water drains away and then about 30 seconds later water starts to drip outside from the undercarriage. It drips right under the window opening. Going to do some testing tonight.

Does anyone have any official diagrams of the water tanks and water feed pipe? I've been looking online and can not find any?

Perhaps the leak is on the tap hose or its' attachement...

You have shut the valve under the sink unit haven't you ?

Hi, yes the value under the sink unit was shut and its works fine. All the joints are tight and dry. I'm going to see if I can determine whether it's the tap hose o the waste water tank (if that's somehow developed a leak, god knows what I'll do!

Also something I forgot to mention is that when I unscrewed the large white access lid and put my hand in the tank I found a largish white round cylindrical rubber with a hole in the middle floating in there? Any ideas?

Are you sure it's not actually leaking from the large white access lid? I was sterilising my tanks today and when the waste Tank was full I noticed water outside the van then checked inside the kitchen cabinet there was a visible leak from the access lid but when I tried tightening it the lid broke so must have been cracked. New on on order from the Cali Shop!

Does it leak when the drain tap is open?
Does it only leak at a certain fill level?
Does it leak when you pour a bucket of water and don’t use the tap?

Back