Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leaves in chamber in engine bay

W

Wongo

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Been deep cleaning throughout, anyone know how to access what I think is called the Plenum Chamber which is the space behind the engine bay below the windscreen?

Been deep cleaning throughout, anyone know how to access what I think is called the Plenum Chamber which is the space behind the engine bay below the windscreen?
Take the rear rubber seal off and there is enough give to lift up the plastic grid to insert a vacuum tool.

On the T5 You can get access via the plates either end of the bulkhead (one end at least, if I recall the other has hard to access screws). If you are doing a full clean up it might be worth clearing the muck that drains from the chamber down behind the wheel arch. I found it collects behind the plastic inner wheel arch, down where the mud flaps are fixed. I unscrewed a bottom fixings to get the muck out.

Last edited:
Found another way that gives good access, remove the two blanking plates on tbe plastic below the windscreen, the plastic can then easily be moved to get a vac in there, got rid of a lot of tree gunk

Back