Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LED boot light won't turn off

_GlampingKit_

_GlampingKit_

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi everyone,

A few days ago, the LED lights on the boot door of my T6 California Ocean were all of a sudden on.
The car had been on the driveway for a few days without moving.
When I tried to switch the lights off using the switch on the right, I noticed this was not working.
That this already occur to any of you?
Would a faulty switch be the root cause?

Thanks for your thoughts.

best regards,

Ruben

Try holding your finger on the switch do they dim?

I thought it went off after ten minutes.
60DFB21A-1E57-4252-8E38-5A6A508AEB20.png

The lights in the boot door are different to the 'boot light' . The boot light is on a timer.

Hi,
the issue i'm having is with the lights in the boot, not the boot light.
I have tried holding the switch, but nothing happens.

Hi,
the issue i'm having is with the lights in the boot, not the boot light.
I have tried holding the switch, but nothing happens.
prize out the switch and pull off a wire. do the lights go out ? if so you need a new switch

Are the lights still on?
To be honest, we still can’t get our heads around how the living area lights function. There’s auto on when opening the sliding door; manual switch on; camping mode - and the combination of these. Plenty of times we’ve come back to the van to find lights on when we thought we’ve turned them off! Also, as you say, the lights sometimes don’t react to dimming. We just switch camping on / off, lights on/ off, etc. until they’re off (or on) as you wish !

Are the lights still on?
To be honest, we still can’t get our heads around how the living area lights function. There’s auto on when opening the sliding door; manual switch on; camping mode - and the combination of these. Plenty of times we’ve come back to the van to find lights on when we thought we’ve turned them off! Also, as you say, the lights sometimes don’t react to dimming. We just switch camping on / off, lights on/ off, etc. until they’re off (or on) as you wish !
The T6 doesn't have any of that camp mode nonsense. Original post says T6.

The T6 doesn't have any of that camp mode nonsense. Original post says T6.
FYI: with the T6.1, the electronics constantly monitor the vehicle at the expense of the battery. The Camper Mode function disconnects the car section from the camper section, among other things and saves the battery capacity. No nonsense but rather necessary I guess.
But just info because the OP has a T6 :)

FYI: with the T6.1, the electronics constantly monitor the vehicle at the expense of the battery. The Camper Mode function disconnects the car section from the camper section, among other things and saves the battery capacity. No nonsense but rather necessary I guess.
But just info because the OP has a T6 :)
I just prefer lights that turn on when I want them to. And turn off when I want them to. By pressing a switch. It is nonsense, and unnecessary tech that has caused headaches for many with all the lights on in the back when driving etc.
Stil maybe the OP has a 6.1 and that is the issue.

I just prefer lights that turn on when I want them to. And turn off when I want them to. By pressing a switch. It is nonsense, and unnecessary tech that has caused headaches for many with all the lights on in the back when driving etc.
Stil maybe the OP has a 6.1 and that is the issue.
Sure. It's just an explanation I give for the camping mode. Don’t we all like it simple? The operation of the lights is over-complicated but that's the way it is with the T6.1 and the camping mode is rather necessary because of the the electronics constantly monitor the vehicle. When you understand the T6.1 better, there is more logical than unnecessary or nonsense. I’m also still learning ;)

Last edited:
As a 6.1 owner, 1 year in, the lights still baffle us. We now never use camping mode - I’d vote to keep it simple ! Anyway- not relevant to the OPs question here.

As a 6.1 owner, 1 year in, the lights still baffle us. We now never use camping mode - I’d vote to keep it simple ! Anyway- not relevant to the OPs question here.
10 months after collecting: getting the hang of it a bit :D

One big advantage of camping mode is that when you return to your van late on a campsite, the headlights don’t illuminate the whole site when you unlock the van.

One big advantage of camping mode is that when you return to your van late on a campsite, the headlights don’t illuminate the whole site when you unlock the van.
Correct. The camping mode also disconnects the control that the car always does from the living area-module and saves the household batteries because it will use them otherwise.

i'm sure the T6 does that without selecting a camp mode, has the OP got a 6 or 6.1 ? i'm baffled

i'm sure the T6 does that without selecting a camp mode, has the OP got a 6 or 6.1 ? i'm baffled
OP has a t6.
Other info is just.. other info. The camping mode has a purpose: see post #10, posted by me to give some explanation about the camping mode because you called it nonsense which it isn’t: a t6.1 with it’s completely new ‘electronic harness’ without the camping mode would be nonsense. It does make sense. But I guess if you don’t have a t6.1 you just can’t understand it. I say this with the most kind and positive intentions, not to stir up resentment.

Last edited:
Back