Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LED reverse light bulbs

Padraic

Padraic

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all, I fitted a set of Osram LED reverse light bulbs. I’m not convinced they are much better than the standard bulbs.
They certainly look like a whiter light, but not sure if they are any help when reversing at night.
I don’t know if these type of bulbs work correctly with the light cluster lenses.

6EA401E7-201C-427C-8AF4-1F9F784E013A.jpeg

I fitted Aglint LED bulbs and they are really bright, a big improvement.

Found them through thid You Tube.

tried them in the indicator and OK but haven't been able to find an amber version from Aglint or another supplier that works properly.;

I fitted Aglint LED bulbs and they are really bright, a big improvement.

Found them through thid You Tube.

tried them in the indicator and OK but haven't been able to find an amber version from Aglint or another supplier that works properly.;

Like the ones I fitted they look a lot brighter, and a much whiter light. The ones I fitted though, don't seem to shine as much light as the old ones when reversing.

Didn't notice you have T4. I'll look a bit more into suitable ones.
standard bayonet bulbs I assume.

Didn't notice you have T4. I'll look a bit more into suitable ones.
standard bayonet bulbs I assume.
I might be better off fitting higher wattage bayonet bulbs.

I might be better off fitting higher wattage bayonet bulbs.
Years back when LED lights first appeared I bought LED work lights for my HGV for side fitting to see kerbs etc during night work. When standing in the light they were good but from the drivers seat I found that I couldn't see objects very well, Halogen bulbed lights were much better and gave a more natural light to the eye.

I used to use front halogen fog lights as reversing lights in addition to the standard vehicle reversing lights.
Either just one or a pair. Took a feed from the existing rev. light unit.

Not sure about your under bumper space but this cheap type or similar may suit--

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universa...=item3fae14d09f:g:S5wAAOSw1ZBbvxgt:rk:94:pf:0

Yea I might look in to fitting a discrete spot light under the rear bumper, activated by the reverse lights. Might be a little project for the winter.
I've also sourced standard bayonet filament bulbs that are slightly higher wattage, so they may improve the standard lights to an acceptable level.

Disconnect for MOT, reverse lights are wattage limited I think? Did someone say that already?

Disconnect for MOT, reverse lights are wattage limited I think? Did someone say that already?
Yea all rear facing lights are limited to 21 watt legally. I've sourced 28.8 Watt to replace the fog, indicator and reverse light bulbs.and 28.8/8.26 Watt to replace the 21/5 Watt stop tail bulbs.
I'm hoping these will work okay with the standard wiring/fuses, they also shouldn't be to bright.
I'm done messing around with LED bulbs.
As for the headlights, there is a guy on the T4 Forum developing a quad headlight kit for the T4. So far it looks like a fantastic piece of kit. I'm hoping they will be a worthwhile solution to the poor T4 lights.