Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

leisure batteries/charger problem

T

Tammy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi all,
We have a 2011 180dsg 4motion downunder in NZ, so maybe we're upsidedown but we would be grateful if someone may be able to throw some light. We are suspecting battery integrity to start with as on hookup with nothing running display says 13.5V, 0amps 90% batt, mains hookup flashing. Remove hookup, motor running, display says 14.2V 0amps, 90% batt, hookup flashing. Remove hookup, motor not running, display says 12.5V, -0.2amps, 90% batt, no hookup displayed.
On a recent trip the frig turned itself off after 1 day (24hours) and the display indicated voltage plausibilty fault. Earth shunt ? Hope not. :help and many thanks. Tammy

I assume you have reset the control panel? This sometimes clears flashing symbols. Is the fridge on while you're doing all this?

Would suggest taking to VW dealership and have them connect to their diagnostics instrument, there could be a software update to correct/reset overhead panel. Also, there was at one time an earth problem I think something to do with the ancillaries and leisure batteries. We had a similar problem but it was fixed by the dealer during a routine service.

Totally agree. The software in my control panel was at fault causing the leisure batteries to run down. I had to have a new control panel.

Hi from New Zealand, Thanks for the valuable input. Helped our dealer isolate the problem which had originated when we recently had a towbar fitted resulting in a electrical fault causing the LBs to run down and the control panel error. Thankfully not a major. :thanks