Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery charging symbol fault?

D

Dorset John

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have a 14 plate T5 Cali. On the central display screen, the battery indicator symbol is constantly switching between the "plug" symbol and the "G" symbol. This happens if I have the van on charge (plugged in), if I am running the engine or if the engine is off and not plugged in. The voltage shows as 13A and 100% charged and everything electrical is working fine. It just bothers me that there is a flashing indicator, which always means that there is a fault. Any ideas what might be going on?

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
No idea but I would suggest the following.
1 . Switch Off Control Panel with L lower switch. Wait at least 30 secs and then Switch On L lower switch.
2 . Press and hold R lower button and then press the Control Knob briefly for 5 secs.
You should now see the secret menu. Scroll to Volkswagon -Diagnostics.
Any Diagnostic Codes shown. Make a note of them. Go to Clear Codes and press Control Knob to clear the codes and then Back.
Hopefully that might sort it. If not then a trip to the Dealers I'm afraid.

R

Randwick

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
No idea but I would suggest the following.
1 . Switch Off Control Panel with L lower switch. Wait at least 30 secs and then Switch On L lower switch.
2 . Press and hold R lower button and then press the Control Knob briefly for 5 secs.
You should now see the secret menu. Scroll to Volkswagon -Diagnostics.
Any Diagnostic Codes shown. Make a note of them. Go to Clear Codes and press Control Knob to clear the codes and then Back.
Hopefully that might sort it. If not then a trip to the Dealers I'm afraid.
I found this today (May 2019) - the tip still works and saved me a trip to the dealer. Many thanks, Welsh Gas!

Our Partners