Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure Battery cost

Martyn 4950

Martyn 4950

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
My Cali is now 6 years old and the leisure battery isnt efficient anymore ( ive read the threads and thanks). I called my Cali dealer and asked for a price .
Cost of each battery £240 plus Vat
Cost of labour £90 plus vat ( 2 hours work ) unless they find a problem

Total cost £792.....

Any ideas of getting it done without selling a kidney ?

Thanks

My Cali is now 6 years old and the leisure battery isnt efficient anymore ( ive read the threads and thanks). I called my Cali dealer and asked for a price .
Cost of each battery £240 plus Vat
Cost of labour £90 plus vat ( 2 hours work ) unless they find a problem

Total cost £792.....

Any ideas of getting it done without selling a kidney ?

Thanks
Buy replacement batteries online and get a local Autoelectrician to replace if you don’t wish to do it yourself.

Forum Shop sells direct replacements at £119.99 each.

Buy replacement batteries online and get a local Autoelectrician to replace if you don’t wish to do it yourself.

Great thanks

Of course.. he doesn't need stop/start batteries, the one I posted is for the T6.

Another option, that I haven't used, may be Halfords or kwik-fit

https://www.kwik-fit.com/batteries
Would you trust them with our twin battery setup and them not blow a battery fuse?

Just for a laugh, I asked them if they would change the battery in my Touareg, he said let's go out and see what battery you have. He asked me to open my bonnet..... then he said he couldn't find it.. I then said I wondered why you asked me to open the bonnet as the battery is under the passenger seat! he then said they were not prepared to do the job and said it was main dealer only...

Last edited:
Would you trust them with our twin battery setup and them not blow a battery fuse?
They would have to return it in a fully operational condition & it is a suggested option for anyone who doesn't want to go down the DIY route with potentially dealing with blown fuses themselves.

Agree about trusting but I've found some really expert guys working at these places, Halford's Service Centres not the shop. Can be a bit of a lottery.