Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery cover removal - OK I give in, how do you get the damn thing off...

Bramco

Bramco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
...without removing the seat or cutting it in pieces out of sheer frustration !!!!

Weirdly I must have done this before to connect my solar system but now for the life of me infant see how to get it off short of removing the passenger seat.

Anyone have any tips or techniques?

Thanks in advance.

I seem to remember undoing and removing the two rear seat bolts then just slacken the front two enough to tip the seat forward..Gives enough room to take the cover off.

Thanks skewif. I was hoping I could do it without doing anything to the seat. I must have managed somehow when I installed the solar. Dementia taking get obviously.

I'll keep trying and will document it here if I figure it out!

I’m impressed with your determination.. but it only takes a minute to remove the bolts. I remember trying my best to get to the terminals to connect my inverter without moving the seat too. I gave up as the flexible plastic battery cover is pretty thick and easy to remove once the seat lifted a bit. I look forward to seeing how you win the battle.

Ha!

More brute force and ignorance required. It's actually pretty easy with a bit more force than I put in last time.

Take off the cover from the back of the seat bottom.
Undo the nut on the bracket that holds the leisure battery in place.
Move the battery back, you have to lift it a bit to get it over the shape that holds it in place.

Then pull the front of the rubber cover upwards, it folds a bit but then that allows you to lift it up. I think the key is that the front of the cover is only about half as deep as the back, which makes this easy to do.

I'll report on putting it back when I've installed the inverter, Still waiting for a couple of bits from ebay. But I know I've done it before when I installed the solar, so it is possible without undoing the seat.

Back