Leisure battery not charging

D

Decoene89

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello everyone, I recently bought a VW T5 Cali but the batteries do not charge when I connect it to 220v. Unfortunately, I cannot check for myself what the problem could be because my brother-in-law is on holiday with it.

What things should I have him check?

The batteries do charge when it is driving.

Hello everyone, I recently bought a VW T5 Cali but the batteries do not charge when I connect it to 220v. Unfortunately, I cannot check for myself what the problem could be because my brother-in-law is on holiday with it.

What things should I have him check?

The batteries do charge when it is driving.
Does the 240v electrical socket work?
If not check the circuit breaker near the plug in point in rear locker.
If yes then suspect the charger (under the fridge) or interconnections from the 240v source and to the battery(batteries).
I have heard of the input plug becoming loose on the charger.

power was present at the connection. it is possible that the fuse has blown. Could you possibly tell me where it is?

Hello, I’ve found the issue: the power cord wasn’t plugged in.

But I’m now in Italy and the charger get really hot and isn’t working anymore. Does it work again when it cools down? How can I prevent it from overheating?

But I’m now in Italy and the charger get really hot and isn’t working anymore. Does it work again when it cools down? How can I prevent it from overheating?
I believe it does have a thermal cut out. So might work when cooled down.
If the charger is under the fridge then leave L kitchen door open and remove any inspection covers on partition between cupboard and fridge compartment

I believe it does have a thermal cut out. So might work when cooled down.
If the charger is under the fridge then leave L kitchen door open and remove any inspection covers on partition between cupboard and fridge compartment
Or if its in the compartment under the wardrobe just take the panel off.
I have put a couple of vent in the panel to get some air into it.

Any luck?

Back