Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Leisure battery.

G

gandalfthegrey

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi all. apologies if this is a repeated question...

I have a 2013 beach. No idea if it still has original leisure battery.

At the moment it won't even run my fridge for a day. After a charge and some ice blocks too.

How long does it take for a bettery to deteriorate to the point it needs replacing?

Are there superior upgraded modern battery's that would change my life and the continual need to manage it?

Are all batteries able to fit in there? Do I need to remove the seat? Is it an easy DIY job?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all. apologies if this is a repeated question...

I have a 2013 beach. No idea if it still has original leisure battery.

At the moment it won't even run my fridge for a day. After a charge and some ice blocks too.

How long does it take for a bettery to deteriorate to the point it needs replacing?

Are there superior upgraded modern battery's that would change my life and the continual need to manage it?

Are all batteries able to fit in there? Do I need to remove the seat? Is it an easy DIY job?

Any advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Varta LA80 is direct replacement.

Fairly easy to fit, just unbolt the seat (4xbolts), unplug heated seat / airbag wiring and then tip/move the seat back towards the rear of the van, so it’s out the way. Then you can access / swap the battery.

Do not turn the ignition on whilst the airbag is unplugged or you will get an error warning which will need to be reset by dealer (or DIY using Carista).

Fitting a solar panel to the roof will ensure the the new battery is always topped up. Although your original battery has done well given that it’s 10years old.

You should be able to sell the old one for Approx £20 on FBM / EBay provided it still holds a bit of charge…a good way of recycling.

I did this just last week, I was tempted to try a larger ah battery but played it safe & went with the varta la 80. I installed solar at the same time & have had a cfx3 35l running (24/7) since last Tuesday, not driven anywhere & just checked, battery is fully charged