Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

lifeshine and Gap insurance.

D

Dan

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
We're due to collect out Cali in just over a week and I've been offered the lifeshine paint and interior protection for £200. Has anyone gone for this? Is it worth it?

Also been offered the Gap insurance but my first thoughts are that the ALA one is better value as VW is £395 for 3 years and ALA is £365 ((after 10% discount with code) and is 5 years. Both are return to invoice policies.

Does anyone have any experience with either?

Many thanks. Dan.

We're due to collect out Cali in just over a week and I've been offered the lifeshine paint and interior protection for £200. Has anyone gone for this? Is it worth it?

Also been offered the Gap insurance but my first thoughts are that the ALA one is better value as VW is £395 for 3 years and ALA is £365 ((after 10% discount with code) and is 5 years. Both are return to invoice policies.

Does anyone have any experience with either?

Many thanks. Dan.

ALA will price match and beat by 20% of the difference GAPInsurance123 who are the cheapest, I think for 4 years you can get vehicle replacement + return to invoice for £286. I have cover with comfort and my ALA quote is valid for 180 days so will take this up then.

Thanks again Dean. Decision made.

ALA will price match and beat by 20% of the difference GAPInsurance123 who are the cheapest, I think for 4 years you can get vehicle replacement + return to invoice for £286. I have cover with comfort and my ALA quote is valid for 180 days so will take this up then.
Any reason why you preferred ALA to Gapinsurance 123? ALA offers a higher claim limit (up to 50,0000) but presumably they will only price match / beat other quotes on the same claim limit basis and 123 seems to have a max limit of £25,000.

Last edited:
Re lifeshine. I don't have specific experience of this treatment but I am very sceptical about these treatments in general. I once bought a second hand car and had the dealer practically force me to purchase a bodywork treatment. I resisted only to discover that it had already had a previous treatment (probably when new) that started to peel off when the car was about 8 years old. It looked like it had spent too long in the sun and was peeling.

I have not had the interior upholstery treatment on a car but I have had it on a carpet and sofa at home and it made absolutely no difference to the stain resistance.

So - as others advocate elsewhere on the forum - just look after the original paintwork and upholstery yourself.

Any reason why you preferred ALA to Gapinsurance 123? ALA offers a higher claim limit (up to 50,0000) but presumably they will only price match / beat other quotes on the same claim limit basis and 123 seems to have a max limit of £25,000

I once had AutoGlym Lifeshine on a VW Golf. The car was a 3month old demo car and I kept resisting the salesman's offer of Lifeshine until he discounted it to £50... at that point I thought it was worthwhile because I received the full bag of Autoglym products which I do rate highly. (if you check eBay you'll see lots of these kits can be picked up inexpensively).
The learning point for me was that the dealer applied the life shine to a 3month old car, without cleansing the paintwork of all its dirt/tar spots and the like... a total waste of time. I detailed the car myself after that. May be different with a new vehicle and £200 is a competitive price, but I wouldn't bother again.

I have little experience of it but having done a fair bit of research I would not have it. A better route seems to go to a professional car detailer who will prep the vehicle properly, it then seems to be a matter of which product you want put on and how much you want to spend. You can get bodywork, interior and glass all treated I believe.

Mike

Being in the motor industry in well aware of lifeshine, supaguard, guardx and diamondbrite.
In a nutshell, it works, cleaner outside and scotchguard style inside.
However if its applied incorrectly its not gonna do anything.
The warranty states, generally, if you follow the guidelines (cleaning, aftercare and fair wear and tear) and there is an issue with paint or fabric you get a refund.
The problem is the vehicle needs to be made perfect first then have this applied.
I say buy it yourself and spend an afternoon doing it yourself. Will cost less than £50

Any reason why you preferred ALA to Gapinsurance 123? ALA offers a higher claim limit (up to 50,0000) but presumably they will only price match / beat other quotes on the same claim limit basis and 123 seems to have a max limit of £25,000

Sorry I meant www.Shortfall.co.uk Sister company of Gapinsurance 123 but higher claim limit. I went for £40,000 CL.

Holy thread revival Batman!!

I opted for Lifeshine on the new Ocean. I've recently had cause to report staining on the rear pad, rear bench seat and drivers seat. None of which are particularly large but hey, ho, I'm "covered"

After an email to Autoglym [lifeshine@autoglym.co.uk] I received a prompt reply, not what I was expecting but, a reply nonetheless.

In my infinite stupidity I assumed I'd take the vehicle to the dealership, drop it off, Autoglym would "do their magic" and I'd collect it later.

Oh no.

Instead they've sent me various products [free of charge granted] for me to clean it myself!

Don't get me wrong, I'm always pleased to receive freebies but am I missing the point?

Should they not be the ones involved in the laborious task of cleaning the stains that, quite frankly, having read the "blurb" should not have happened in the first instance due to the "wonder treatment"?