Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lighting up like a Christmas Tree! Warning Lights Panic.

Loz2286

Loz2286

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
After having an EML showing I interrogated the system using my Carista. Exhaust emission fault said the code. VW Assist were unconcerned, just get it in to the dealer they said. Nothing to worry about...Booked in for next week.

But since then....Ad Blue message, fill up with 2gals - 3gals....but 9000 mile range. Only had 5 litres at home, so stuck that in. No change to the error message, still 9000 mile range but needing 2 - 3 gals. Yesterday evening I get the Ad Blue error - no start in 650 miles. I bought some today and stuck 2 x 3.5 litre pouches into the tank....no difference on the dash - no start in 650 miles. Now I've got the Ad Blue light with a spanner and now the triangle with the exclamation mark (amber). I stuck the Carista on and I've got 12 error reports!

Now I'm panicking. I have no idea what they all mean and I must have my van for the 10th December as I'm taking the Mrs away for her birthday. I wasn't expecting to have trouble on a one year old motor that cost >£70k.

I have always previously worked on my vehicles (mainly Land Rovers) so all this electrickery is freaking me out.

2021MY Ocean 150PS DSG.

20221128_223632.jpg

20221128_223544.jpg

We had a very similar issue.

Thread 'Multiple warnings suddenly appearing'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/multiple-warnings-suddenly-appearing.46783/

Turned out to be rodent damage to wiring. Apparently modern vehicles use environmentally friendly wires that are made of soy which is very tasty to rodents. In the end it cost £1,300 to have it all fixed and have the wires wrapped in a rodent deterrent material. The dealers told us that they used to use a spray and the wrapping is experimental. Apparently we are Guinea pigs, making us the rodents.

The dealer said it was their 4th rodent damaged vehicle that week.

Good luck!

We had a very similar issue.

Thread 'Multiple warnings suddenly appearing'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/multiple-warnings-suddenly-appearing.46783/

Turned out to be rodent damage to wiring. Apparently modern vehicles use environmentally friendly wires that are made of soy which is very tasty to rodents. In the end it cost £1,300 to have it all fixed and have the wires wrapped in a rodent deterrent material. The dealers told us that they used to use a spray and the wrapping is experimental. Apparently we are Guinea pigs, making us the rodents.

The dealer said it was their 4th rodent damaged vehicle that week.

Good luck!

There's irony for you...in a life before teaching I worked for Rentokil. I hope the little feckers aren't taking revenge on me.

First impression would suggest a tank level sensor/error.
Is there a wiring scheme available for this van anywhere?