Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

little lift out rubber mat

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I'm looking for a small lift out mat for the c30cm by 60cm area between the driver and passenger. Ebay and Amazon reveal thousands of mats but its finding the right one! I'm happy to trim it down if it doesn't spoil the look. And, if it coordinated with the thick VW rubber mats that I've got in place that would be good too. Anyone got any ideas?

You really need something between the seats to protect the carpet because it gets a hammering just there. We just cut a doormat type runner to fit. It tends to crawl and gets stuck under the handbrake trim though.

Do you mean the area between the two front seats? If so there are many suppliers who do a one piece mat which covers almost the entire front cab area. We got ours from QTM direct - they do a members discount.

+1 for QTM one piece mat, fits really nice and covers in between the seats, I also use the monster mats over the top in the foot well area.

Do you mean the area between the two front seats? If so there are many suppliers who do a one piece mat which covers almost the entire front cab area. We got ours from QTM direct - they do a members discount.
Yes, we've got one of them, plus the doormat on top of that to protect that, and so on ad infinitum :D

Yes Marshian, the area between the front seats. I was hoping to find a tailored mat for this very small section, but cutting up something myself will no doubt bring more satisfaction.

My preference is to not have the huge one piece mat across the front. I'm so clumsy that when removing it, half the dirt on the mat would end up on the carpet!

you could always just hoover the mat quickly before you take it out but if you prefer to make one its not that difficult and would save on cost. You might find one of the big carpet retailers have some small bound samples that you can use.

I bought some auto carpet from a company called A S Trim, then cut it to shape and had the edges bound by a local carpet shop. Would be easier to cut a rubber version as no edge binding needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back