Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Liverpool - Liverpool Van centre

S

Staff 2

Picked up the Cali last week from Liverpool VW Van Centre. The whole experience was excellent and the guys couldn't have been more helpful, proactive and no issue was too difficult. As we are exporting the Cali there were some subtleties which Bruce did an outstanding job in resolving for me including racing over to Manchester in the morning to pick up my special registration documents. THe handover was thorough and none of my daft questions were too much trouble to answer and Chris was knowledgeable, explaining the bits and pieces thoroughly. Highly recommended.

Hi, Delighted to read your recommendation of VWVC Liverpool - I have mine on order - it has now been built. Have been dealing with Chris on the phone and I must say, he seems to be very helpful. I see you are located in Scotland, why choose Liverpool? My pal bought from VWVC Edinburgh and couldn`t praise them highly enough.
My first van was from VWVC Manchester with the help of Alan Jackson who actually had one of his own, so was very knowledgeable. Best of luck on your travels.

Bob aka Brother10

Bob, it was a simple matter of Liverpool having the spec we wanted against a tight time frame. We cast the net wide so more luck than judgement. Only dealt with Chris at the handover, but filled me with confidence and they seem a busy dealership and I generally view that as a good sign. Got nothing against Edinburgh and did pop in to view a Cali before we ordered but they didn't have one that fitted our need.
Thanks for the good wishes, if you see a Natural Gray towing a pikey caravan - it's us!! If built you should have before christmas? Have fun with the Cali, loved up with mine - sorry ours, Mrs G might read this,

Hi,
I bought a new VW T6 California Ocean at the end of January this year & I have had a couple of problems.

1) the tailgate leaks into the van, actually on the mattress when you are in bed!!! I asked VW Liverpool to have a look at it under warranty & they did not believe it was leaking so I still have the same problem after taking it back to them (160 mile round trip) !!! I asked to speak to someone when I picked the van up to X plain to them it has seriously leaked inside on both occasions it has rained but there was no one available, they were incredibly rude.

2) the sink unit went rusty after 2 months!!! I would not mind if we had used it but we have only washed plastic cups & plates up in the plastic bowl provided (not the sink), we have only poured soapy water down the sink. V.W. Liverpool again told myself that I must have done something to the sink for it to go rusty but I promise you I have not done anything at all apart from empty the plastic bowl down the sink with soapy water. We have only used the van for a total of 10 nights so far! I'm really disappointed how I have been treated at VW Liverpool as it has taken me several years to save up to buy a California. I've tried calling them but no one replies to my calls, I have never complained about anything in my life but these people are really terrible. I just wanted to contact you so that hopefully no one else has a similar experience to myself with VW Liverpool. If you have any information or can offer any help in this matter I would really appreciate it,

I would bypass liverpool and contact vwcv customer care direct

Hi,
I bought a new VW T6 California Ocean at the end of January this year & I have had a couple of problems.

1) the tailgate leaks into the van, actually on the mattress when you are in bed!!! I asked VW Liverpool to have a look at it under warranty & they did not believe it was leaking so I still have the same problem after taking it back to them (160 mile round trip) !!! I asked to speak to someone when I picked the van up to X plain to them it has seriously leaked inside on both occasions it has rained but there was no one available, they were incredibly rude.

2) the sink unit went rusty after 2 months!!! I would not mind if we had used it but we have only washed plastic cups & plates up in the plastic bowl provided (not the sink), we have only poured soapy water down the sink. V.W. Liverpool again told myself that I must have done something to the sink for it to go rusty but I promise you I have not done anything at all apart from empty the plastic bowl down the sink with soapy water. We have only used the van for a total of 10 nights so far! I'm really disappointed how I have been treated at VW Liverpool as it has taken me several years to save up to buy a California. I've tried calling them but no one replies to my calls, I have never complained about anything in my life but these people are really terrible. I just wanted to contact you so that hopefully no one else has a similar experience to myself with VW Liverpool. If you have any information or can offer any help in this matter I would really appreciate it,
You can use any VW Dealership that sells Vans for warranty work. I would suggest looking for a recommended Dealership in your area that has good reputation - see the Dealer review section.

It sounds like Liverpool are giving you the run around, and I thought they had had some good reviews on here? Not sure where you are but Hereford are good as are Shrewsbury for non Cali (camper) specific problems.

Are you sure the sink is rusty, can you post a picture? Stainless steel is very good these days and I can't remember ever seeing rust in the type of stainless steel used in sinks. A high carbon stainless steel can get spots of corrosion but that is only used for knives as it takes an edge. Have you tried using a stainless steel cleaner? It may be some residual adhesive that has picked up dirt so that it looks like rust.

Hi
Have you checked that upper rear brake light isn't loose ? A forum member found It loose on their new T6 ( delivered January )which meant water was coming in through tailgate.

Hi,

If it's not too far, try North Wales VW in Llandudno Junction, ask for Anthea, she looks after the Californias - tel 01492 585700. I have found them very helpful.

Liverpool Volkswagen showed no interest when I wanted to buy a California in 2010, and again in 2015.

It sounds like Liverpool are giving you the run around, and I thought they had had some good reviews on here? Not sure where you are but Hereford are good as are Shrewsbury for non Cali (camper) specific problems.

Are you sure the sink is rusty, can you post a picture? Stainless steel is very good these days and I can't remember ever seeing rust in the type of stainless steel used in sinks. A high carbon stainless steel can get spots of corrosion but that is only used for knives as it takes an edge. Have you tried using a stainless steel cleaner? It may be some residual adhesive that has picked up dirt so that it looks like rust.
I can't take a photo at the moment but I will asap but I am sure it is rust, there are little 'pits' all over it as though I have washed up a bag of nails in there...we are guessing that it was faulty when it was put in but how would you know to check the sink until it has had water in. I have tried the stainless steel cleaner but you can actually feel the pits in it...they were so rude about it at the garage...it is even more annoying when you actually do look after your van as though its your baby ha ha. I have had advice from citizens advice and as it is under 6 months old we are entitled to return the van if it is not of satisfactory quality...Its a real shame because we love the van sooo much! I'm hopeful that it will get sorted soon. Thanks for the advice.

If it's not too far, try North Wales VW in Llandudno Junction, ask for Anthea, she looks after the Californias - tel 01492 585700. I have found them very helpful.

Liverpool Volkswagen showed no interest when I wanted to buy a California in 2010, and again in 2015.
Thanks, I will bear that in mind...we did have trouble getting hold of a salesperson in Liverpool when we first wanted to buy...it was only because they had the van we wanted on order that we went with them.

Hi
Have you checked that upper rear brake light isn't loose ? A forum member found It loose on their new T6 ( delivered January )which meant water was coming in through tailgate.
That was my hubbies first thought but it seems ok. the water was coming in right from the top of the tailgate...we will just have to go camping in the rain again (shouldn't be too difficult!!!) and remember to take pics if it happens again.. we don't mind teething problems but it was the attitude of the service staff that got our backs up.

I got my van from Liverpool in 2012. There was zero handover - just the keys chucked over. Also 2 scratches - one on the driver's door and one on the rear bumper. It was pointed out to them at the time when collected and they said it was too much effort to repair as the whole door would need to be re-sprayed.

Less than impressed. Rushed to get it off their premises before any more damage to my new van occurred.

I bought my van from VW Liverpool. Chris is the main man there when it comes to the California. Service was great, handover was great and very in depth. I've called Chris back on a few things so far and he's been a great help for me. I paid a fair price and they really looked after me. I not defending, just saying how it was for me.

Since my very poor experience in July 2012, I have since seen good reviews of Liverpool VW.

Maybe just my bad luck.

Bought my van in April 2014 from Liverpool (Chris Evans). I've had occasion to ring a few times since purchase and fire a few e mails and always had a prompt and excellent response. So here I am into my 3rd year travelling in Spain and a fault develops with various warning lights on the dashboard. Via VW recovery I managed to get to a VW dealer in Santiago but while waiting rang Chris Evans in Liverpool. He not only remembered me he was kind enough to spend as much time as I needed on the phone giving me some great advice. Type of dealer VW need, I cannot recommend him enough.

Chris mustn't have been there on the occasions I enquired at Liverpool VW. Gone to lunch maybe! :confused:

Just thought i'd share my recent experience.
I purchased my pride and joy from VW Liverpool a couple of weeks ago, and the whole experience was fantastic. From my initial enquiry right through to collection I was dealt with by Andy Warren, and he was great. He came in on his day off (Saturday) just to do the handover with me, and he even picked me up from the train station when I arrived. Despite it being his day off he gave me a full handover, showing me everything on the van, and was in no hurry to get me away. A really nice bloke who knows his way around a Cali Beach, i'd highly recommend him. (I'm not on commission by the way!! but Andy if you do happen to read this can I have a free set of seat covers please !!).;)

Our T5 tail light also leaked amongst other issues, also from Liverpool Van Centre!

Original Review From @18hunts

Just had main service, cambelt and water pump changed. Found them very attentive and professional and friendly. A good experience and got a discount without having to ask. Thier video health check was excellent.

Original Review From @paulscryer

Great set of guys, salesman even came in on his day off to hand the cali over. Top rated

Original Review From @Digger

Excellent staff and nothing is too much trouble. Well up on the California and always helpful.