Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Liverpool Victoria should I cancel ?

Trebor

Trebor

No looking back .
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Have just renewed my insurance with Safeguard but on closer examination of the paperwork see that the insurer is Highway which I see in the small print is Liverpool Victoria in Bournemouth . Alarm bells rang as I have read quite a bit about LV on this forum over the years not offering full cover for California . Any views ?

Just read the T&Cs of your policy. See if you’re happy with them. The LV issue is interesting as I’m not sure anyone has actually reported a case of LG not paying up.

We added our Ocean to LV to our multi vehicle policy. We were wary due to comments on this forum, but have always been treated very well by them, both in terms of service and a minor claim on one of the cars. I questioned them very closely when signing up with them for the Van and was satisfied with all their responses. We have just Sorned the van as don't really expect to be able to use it for some time. We called LV to ensure we would not compromise the insurance. They have had a lot of calls from people doing the same. As we keep the van on our drive they suggested we modify policy to fire & theft only and reduce annual mileage, (Just give them a call when we want to reinstate, and they will give us instant cover) they gave us a rebate on the policy. I might add the cost of our policy has always been extremely compeitive.

Visited n e c in feb for caravan show
Returned to van and some bastard had caved the passenger door in.
Went to local body shop (Fraser coach works in hull..... highly recommended... used by l rover Bmw etc ) for repair
Lv assessor said new door ( no body filler ) and job done. Perfectly
Just paid £200 excess
Fantastic service from lv and lowest premiums by a country mile
Highly recommended