Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Load area covers/carpets

Matthew Barber

Matthew Barber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All,

We have just purchased a 2010 SE and are loving the adventures so far although its only been with us a few weeks!

Do you experienced users have any tips for keeping the main area floor clean and tidy? We have two very small children and by the time we load them and all their clutter in the floor is often dirty and wet (esp in the weather we've had recently) so when we come to a stop and set up for lunch we have to wipe the floor down!

Cheers

Matt

Hello Matt
we started off with fitted carpet but now use a rubber mat bought off the roll from e-bay and use a wool mat on top both roll up when we pull the bench seat forward to make up a bed.

We use brandrup fitted carpet with pound shop car rubber mats on top in this weather. They don't cover the whole floor but gives somewhere to stand wet shoes etc & I you can chuck them outside to use as a doormat on a muddy site.

Muddle mats from Dun Elm or was it Tesco are quite good, absorb everything and are machine washable. They fit quite nicely in my beach and they do different sizes. They have made a massive difference with the dogs in wet weather etc.

I was also guided by folk on here to go to dunelm for a stripy muddy mar as just right fit

Lots of loose fluff at first but washed twice and all sorted

Hi All,

We have just purchased a 2010 SE and are loving the adventures so far although its only been with us a few weeks!

Do you experienced users have any tips for keeping the main area floor clean and tidy? We have two very small children and by the time we load them and all their clutter in the floor is often dirty and wet (esp in the weather we've had recently) so when we come to a stop and set up for lunch we have to wipe the floor down!

Cheers

Matt
I used an old offcut of a carpet and cut it to fit. Makes the van nice and cosy and protects the original flooring. It gives it a nice personal touch too!

We have three girls (3,5&6) & a large dog. I had a good look into carpets & for our needs we went for a marvel mat. This is ours, bought from dunelm mill, £25. It’s warm, covers the rails , each to move/roll, I also like the colour as we have a dark interior. We have a no shoe policy for the kids,waterproof seat covers ,baby wipes, ikea bathroom bin £4 & dustpan & brush. Hope this helps

F0B3AFD5-2E39-43E5-98A9-47063AAB3F15.jpeg

I cut carpet tiles so they fitted between the rails so the seats could still be moved. Helps if you pit blue tack on the backs to keep them in place.