Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loan vehicle - Warranty repair

Seamelody

Seamelody

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi need some advice, local garage is now attempting 4th repair and whilst I have a loan car I understood technically I’m entitled to an Ocean - is this correct , to use whilst it’s being fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi need some advice, local garage is now attempting 4th repair and whilst I have a loan car I understood technically I’m entitled to an Ocean - is this correct , to use whilst it’s being fixed.

The issue might be that they don't have a spare Ocean as they are in short supply at the moment.

I’m not asking for one, just wanted confirmation that I would be entitled to the loan, happy with a car but it’s the 4th attempt so getting hissed off :)

Just checking my rights

By Local garage do you mean a VW main van dealer? Why has it taken 4 attempts to repair your van?

I understood technically I’m entitled to an Ocean - is this correct , to use whilst it’s being fixed.
Never seen this as a fact. When our T5 had the 2-week repair (roof) a loan California was supplied buy the VW, not the dealer. When (many years ago) I had timing chain snap on a new Nissan van the dealer would no supply a loaner. But I took it up with Nissan and they supplied a loan car. My issue would be about why the repair has taken 4 goes.

I don't think there is any legal obligation to provide you with anything. I would consider it a good result to get a car & not a well abused low powered 3 seat transporter panel van.

It’s a VW centre, they supply and repair cars, vans and campers. The same fault, electric door judder, won’t close and scraping paint on wheel arch. Third time rear panel being resprayed

I don't think there is any legal obligation to provide you with anything. I would consider it a good result to get a car & not a well abused low powered 3 seat transporter panel van.

Agree was trying to put some pressure, given we’re on fourth attempt and they have had two weeks !

Should have added, we did have a panel van twice, which was not an issue

Always had a panel van or a Caddy. In the end I just put my bike in the back of Cali and used that.

Think that’s the new norm, empty tanks when you collect.

It’s a VW centre, they supply and repair cars, vans and campers. The same fault, electric door judder, won’t close and scraping paint on wheel arch. Third time rear panel being resprayed

Is that Carrs Indian Queen’s you are using? If so would interested to hear how you are finding them.

Just checking my rights

I was told that they’re under no legal obligation to provide anything, but that a courtesy they will provide something to allow you to get from A to B while yours is in for repair. I was also told Californias aren’t provided as loan vehicles though. That came from VW customer services when I kicked off about Manchester van centre removing my entire roof then telling me that loads of the parts to put it back we’re on back order with no eta provided.

Currently having warranty roof repair, and loaned a brand new transporter combi - did ask well in advance for a like for like but response was that they simply didn’t/wouldn’t have one to loan

Thanks for everyone’s responses, Doris has been reunited with us and after a good clean we took her out to St Agnes for a run.

Back