Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Locating fuse for freshwater pump (2009 vehicle)

M

Maurice

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
When winterising the van according to VW supplied manual you are directed to remove Fuse 16 from fuse panel underneath driver's seat. Firstly , there was no fuse-box under said seat and the removing of Fuse 16 in the main panel beneath the cup-holders had no effect upon the freshwater pump. Do any members know the location of "Fuse 16" in a 2009 van which will turn-off the freshwater pump. This is my first winter with this van, hence the question.

Try under the passenger seat :thumb

Thanks Kalikev, I did look there and there were some fuses but not in the pattern as in the handbook and were not identifiable. Would the seat have to be dismantled to get access to these do you know?

They are a little awkward its best to turn the seat and push it back towards the kitchen you should then get a better view

It is much easier to disconnect the pump itself. Connector in the cupboard, under round lid. The one on side (the on in the middle is the level sensor).
Cheers
Andrzej

Why are you advised to disconnect the pump?

Never disconnected mine, had van 8 years, but then again i use mine all year round, but we hardly ever use the sink, prefer to get fresh water every day.

John :headbang

johntowers46 said:
Never disconnected mine, had van 8 years, but then again i use mine all year round, but we hardly ever use the sink, prefer to get fresh water every day.

Hehe. I guess that mainly depend of the climate you live in. Do not try this in Poland.
:evil:
Cheers
Andrzej

Calikev said:
They are a little awkward its best to turn the seat and push it back towards the kitchen you should then get a better view

Thanks Calikev, I'll give that a try. There is an interesting post later asking me why I am doing that? The simple answer is the manual says to do that and I assumed that by switching the pump off would allow the water in the supply to the tap could then drain out backwards into the water tank when the tap was opened and the water tank was in drain mode.

Andresz said:
It is much easier to disconnect the pump itself. Connector in the cupboard, under round lid. The one on side (the on in the middle is the level sensor).
Cheers
Andrzej

Does that enable water in the supply pipe to the tap to drain out , as this is what I thought I was needing to do?

snowy55 said:
Why are you advised to disconnect the pump?

I was attempting to drain the freshwater system for winter and the VW manual says to do that. I had assumed that by switching the pump off would allow the water in the supply to the tap to then drain out backwards into the freshwater tank when the tap was opened and the freshwater tank was in drain mode.

johntowers46 said:

Hi, I was just following the VW instructions to winterise the van and thought it was necessary to drain water from all the pipes. Do you not do that? We can get several days of below zero temperatures in North Wales and thought that bursting of pipes/taps could be a possibility.

johntowers46 said:

Hi, I was just following the VW instructions to winterise the van and thought it was necessary to drain water from all the pipes. Do you not do that? We can get several days of below zero temperatures in North Wales and thought that bursting of pipes/taps could be a possibility.

Thanks everyone for your posts. Job now done! I was able to disconnect pump at the connector located by the freshwater tank via the port in the wardrobe (special thanks for this solution from Andresz) Hoping that the reversal of this process in the spring results in no airlocks ;)

Im USING my wather system even its Winter (Norway). No problem. If it frees, don't use the system :p

One time it wouldn't start after freezing. The fuse have been plowed, and changed it (5A) under driver seat (Left side front).

Back