Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Location of inverter?

WillSS

WillSS

2 seater beach
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, I have a 2012 180 Cali and the 12v to 240v 2 pin inverter has just packed up, of course just one month outside the warranty.
It was working fine, only used with low wattage stuff and just stopped. Found the fuse which was fried so replaced this but now when I plug in the lead I get a flashing red led for a while before becoming permanently red and no power.

To be honest I think I'll just buy a standalone 150w inverter as it was always a pain to access but I still want to look into replacing the original VW failed part.
Is the socket in the lower B pillar 'just' a socket and the inverter located elsewhere?
I had a look in the cupboard with the leisure battery at the back but there's nothing else in there. If it's a kitchen unit out job then it definately isn't going to get fixed!
Any knowledge would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Will.

Pretty sure it's in the cupboard at the back.

Just to be sure you're talking about the same cupboard, open the boot, put your head under the shelf, there's a cover on the left which you open by turning a plastic little key thing.

Or at least mine's in there (2014).

Hope you can get it sorted, I'm sure someone else will be along with better info soon.

If you are just just out of warranty VW may give you a good will payment towards fix.

If your inverter is not under the wardrobe with the leisure battery, than it will be beneath the fridge. Accessible (somewhat) through the service panel in the left wall of the back kitchen cupboard.

Ok thanks all for the quick response, It's definately not under the wardrobe so I'll investigate the fridge area and yes worth a call to VW but won't hold my breath.
Cheers, Will

If it is a 2012 , inverter sits underneeth the fridge .

I wonder when they moved these then.

Anyone got a list of the changes in the Cali over the years? They are very subtle changes it seems but very important, especially as they get older and of warranty.

I wonder when they moved these then.

Anyone got a list of the changes in the Cali over the years? They are very subtle changes it seems but very important, especially as they get older and of warranty.

They moved it from under the fridge where it can get pretty hot cause the fridge motor .
In the compartment with the 2nd lesure bat it is cooler and easyer to acces if failure....
At least a good thing they updated!