Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lockdown

Bizzycali

Bizzycali

Vehicle
Cali now sold
My hair is getting longer, my waist is broadening and my liver ...well you know, all things as a mature man I can deal with, but when this is over I never want to hear those words “lockdown” ever again. Love to all x

In sharp contrast, I’ve lost 5kg just by being outside working on various projects and running every other day.

I’ve never felt so fit and healthy. I sleep at least 7 hours every night.

I would love this to continue for the foreseeable future.

Lockdown coincided with the start of superb weather and I was running every day, really enjoying myself and my weight dropping.

Now I have a foot injury it is going the other way ...:(

My two sons do home school every morning and my wife has broken her foot so I take them on long walks every afternoon, we've walked over 200 miles since this started and I've lost a stone. My business may be in hibernation but I'm fitter and eating more healthily than I've been for ages and have spent some quality time with my boys. I just hope the sun keeps shining and my wife can join us soon.

Clare has been working throughout as PA to service lead at Guy’s Hospital, London Bridge. Care of our two sons has fallen to me (even though they have been entitled to a school place throughout we have kept them off school).

Three significant events happened during lockdown.
1. Our dog Meg was eventually diagnosed with a broken ankle and was operated on three and a half weeks ago.
2. We bought six pullets and have watched as they started to lay, first some shellless eggs (does shellless have a triple ‘l’?) and a few double yolkers and now consistently delicious eggs.
3. My mother went into hospital after suffering a stroke. Out now, she’s very confused, but otherwise healthy. After living his life barely knowing how to turn on the cooker, dad is now the chef of their household.

Other than that, two lockdown birthdays, lots of family time, wonderful garden weather and delicious home baked bread will be my enduring memory of the period.

I’ve become too dependent on alcohol...:headbang
Thanks Covid.

My memory will be the weather, it's been absolutely fabulous, hardly 25mm of rain in two months. For those of us with gardens it has been a real blessing and meant we can get out of the house each day. Lock down must have been hell for anyone living in a flat or apartment.

My memory will be the weather, it's been absolutely fabulous, hardly 25mm of rain in two months. For those of us with gardens it has been a real blessing and meant we can get out of the house each day. Lock down must have been hell for anyone living in a flat or apartment.
Agree, we have been improving our garden during lockdown and enjoying it a lot more. Also, due to more frequent feeding and watering the bird population in our garden has trebled. We have blackbirds with their young virtually stalking us, Goldfinches, Greenfinches, Robins, Tits and now two Woodpeckers. Lovely to see.DSC_0053.jpg

Last edited:
Agree, we have been improving our garden during lockdown and enjoying it a lot more. Also, due to more frequent feeding and watering the bird population in our garden has trebled. We have blackbirds with their young virtually stalking us, Goldfinches, Greenfinches, Robins, Tits and now two Woodpeckers. Lovely to see.
We have two tits regular visitors to our garden, it’s me and the dog as Mrs gas calls us

I've been fortunate to have been working throughout, though my study can be a lonely place. I've have had a key worker road trip which was a bit surreal, nervous about staying in a hotel, using empty service stations, and driving down the M6 through Birmingham on a Friday Lunchtime without a traffic jam!

We are not all in the same boat, but we are all in the same storm.

I've been fortunate to have been working throughout, though my study can be a lonely place. I've have had a key worker road trip which was a bit surreal, nervous about staying in a hotel, using empty service stations, and driving down the M6 through Birmingham on a Friday Lunchtime without a traffic jam!

We are not all in the same boat, but we are all in the same storm.

Same here.
Although i don't have the pleasure of being able to work from home.
It's business as usual, which makes my Lockdown possibly a bit harder.
Ive started to become complacent and slowly turning my back on Lockdown as its just a typical day, but without all the people. It feels like everyone is off on a big Jolly.
Its strange, very strange.

Agree, we have been improving our garden during lockdown and enjoying it a lot more. Also, due to more frequent feeding and watering the bird population in our garden has trebled. We have blackbirds with their young virtually stalking us, Goldfinches, Greenfinches, Robins, Tits and now two Woodpeckers. Lovely to see.View attachment 59843
I see your greater spotteds , raise you a pair of green woodies

Just been taking in the “ambience” sitting in the Cali. Chickens gave up and went to bed. Dog is upside down snoring, we’re stuffing our faces with chocolate and vino.

Long live lockdown.

That red squirrel had better watch out for the red kites we get.

View attachment 59897

Ha, I know what part of England you're in then! We usually have at least a couple of them circling around us.

My father-in-law, a prolific birder, used to refer to them as 'shite hawks', referring to their un-fussy diet. If you go down to the Beaconsfield landfill site you'll usually see several of em.

Meanwhile one of our moggies (the one known as Fat Boy, I can't recall his original moniker) has been living off the fat of the land during lockdown. This was the breakfast-in-bed he offered us on Monday:

1590581747105.png

Ha, I know what part of England you're in then! We usually have at least a couple of them circling around us.

My father-in-law, a prolific birder, used to refer to them as 'shite hawks', referring to their un-fussy diet. If you go down to the Beaconsfield landfill site you'll usually see several of em.

Meanwhile one of our moggies (the one known as Fat Boy, I can't recall his original moniker) has been living off the fat of the land during lockdown. This was the breakfast-in-bed he offered us on Monday:

View attachment 59905
Is that a partridge? Shame, but cats are like that. We now have a wealth of bird life in our garden since our cat departed this world for the afterlife.

Yes sadly an ex-partridge. I'd be happier if he'd bagged a pheasant instead, no shortage of them. We inherited him (the cat) on a guilt ticket as otherwise he was going to be put down. But I'd be content if he's our last cat. He terrorises the spaniel too.

Okay those are first world problems. Is there a lockdown equivalent of that expression?

In sharp contrast, I’ve lost 5kg just by being outside working on various projects and running every other day.

And it’s lovely not having to get close to other people...long may it continue