Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Locking/alarm options - 2010 140se

Crispo

Crispo

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hello All - Apologies for basic question, but struggling to work out the above!
Assume one click fully locks and arms.
When I double click, seems to do same but leaves slider unlocked - is that right and If so,why??
If camping, how do you secure but not set off alarm when inside??
Thanks in advance

Have you got a button on drivers side B pillar?
And
A lock and unlock button on the drivers door in front of window switches?

Assuming it's the same as mine:
The two click with remote - locks but not deadlocked. No internal alarm sensor.
Use the lock and unlock buttons on the door when locking yourself in.
When locking from outside and wanting the internal sensor off and deadlock on.... All doors shut except drivers door, push B pillar button so its orange not red, shut door then single click on remote.

Thanks arunalec
Maybe we have a fault. When I double click fob, and check doors, I find that the sliding door remains unlocked, and alarm sounds when opening

Thanks arunalec
Maybe we have a fault. When I double click fob, and check doors, I find that the sliding door remains unlocked, and alarm sounds when opening
The alarm sounding is ok, but the door should be locking.
Does it lock using the other locking options?

Hi @Crispo if your sliding door is unlocking when double clicking or not locking/ opening the same as the other doors then one of two things has happened either the remote lock u it in the sliding door has failed or the sliding door has dropped out of adjustment. My suspicion is the remote lock unit has failed

Ah so what's the best practice on locking when sleeping inside?

We read the instructions (after setting alarm off at 3am) and it says key in, key out, open door, pillar button orange, close door.

Did think it a it long winded ?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ah so what's the best practice on locking when sleeping inside?

We read the instructions (after setting alarm off at 3am) and it says key in, key out, open door, pillar button orange, close door.

Did think it a it long winded ?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hi Just use the locking/ unlocking rocker switch on the drivers door panel that will not set the alarm or dead lock the vehicle.

Back