London Congestion Charge

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Clare collected her dad from her brother's farmstead in the Derbyshire Dales today. Driving home to south London, the SatNav guided her through central London. She was so distracted by traffic: motorists, motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians, that she is unsure if she went into the Charging Zone. It seems likely that she went down Edgware Road, Park Lane, Vauxhall Bridge Road, Vauxhall Bridge and then to Elephant and Castle and the Bricklayers Arms junction, all along the western and southern boundary of the Charging Zone.

But being uncertain, I wanted to be sure, so I phoned TFL to ask them. They couldn't tell me and gave me a choice:
1. Pay the non refundable fee and never know.
2. Not pay the fee and find out if a PCN drops through the letterbox.

I claimed this was unreasonable, and asked to speak with a manager. She gave me a third way. Enroll for autopay, the charge would be paid if and only if payable, and she would waive the £10 registration fee. Result!

I wonder how many tourists get caught. I find the Dartford crossing signage pretty poor, if you are not expecting a toll.

That route is definitely in charge zone.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

As well as a Cali owner, I am a London cabbie amongst other things. If the route described is correct it’s the ‘non chargeable’ route through the zone, as a reminder folks the North & South Circular Road will become the new TZone boundaries soon, Euro 6 are exempt.
Can’t understnd why you can’t find out on the website if CC payment is due online.
If they ‘can’t tell you’ if you entered the zone, how do they issue the PCN????

Always happy to answer any London centric issues.

Don't forget that the western extension was scrapped.

Take a look at TFL's map. It looks less likely than likely that she entered the Charging Zone, though she would have crossed the chargeable Piccadilly underpass at Hyde Park Corner.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Which bit is in the zone? I thought all those roads were on the boundary & therefore not chargeable.

Don't forget that the western extension was scrapped.

Take a look at TFL's map. It looks less likely than likely that she entered the Charging Zone, though she would have crossed the chargeable Piccadilly underpass at Hyde Park Corner.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
Going over the top of the underpass at Hyde Park Corner is outside the charging zone when traveling north south to Vauxhall Bridge. I did that route on 11th July and haven't been charged.

Alan