Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Longest Drive Ever !

Seamelody

Seamelody

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Set off from Cornwall + 7AM on Saturday for Preston ! - Sure I read on one one of the amazing forums to get the best Cali for you you must travel, well we did just over 800 miles before we arrived back home at 4AM on Sunday.... :)

Sooo excited thou.... Doris is pre-reg'd with just 71 miles on the clock and in Indium Grey Metallic.... She is fully loaded and has plenty of gadgets to keep me amused when were parked up ! Although the wooden floor clinched it for me.... Sorry no pics yet... but in the fullness of time I'll upload, hopefully in a week or so...

Set off from Cornwall + 7AM on Saturday for Preston ! - Sure I read on one one of the amazing forums to get the best Cali for you you must travel, well we did just over 800 miles before we arrived back home at 4AM on Sunday.... :)

Sooo excited thou.... Doris is pre-reg'd with just 71 miles on the clock and in Indium Grey Metallic.... She is fully loaded and has plenty of gadgets to keep me amused when were parked up ! Although the wooden floor clinched it for me.... Sorry no pics yet... but in the fullness of time I'll upload, hopefully in a week or so...
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Thanks WelshGas for the welcome...... We're both looking forward to collecting Doris in a week or so, then testing out during our return journey home...............

A trip will worth it and a big welcome to Doris :D

Thanks GrannyJen - when I saw your "Albert replacement" Cali had the upgraded flooring it looked great so it quickly made it onto the nice to have list :)

:welcome looking forward to the photos....

Thanks GrannyJen - when I saw your "Albert replacement" Cali had the upgraded flooring it looked great so it quickly made it onto the nice to have list :)

I can tell you... it is well worth it.

I first had the base floor, that knobbly surface is hell to kneel on and even bigger hell to clean.

Then I had fitted carpet 1, a lovely velour that everything, especially mud, stuck to. After setting fire to it I had carpet 2, QTM, highly recommended but dark blue and showed every dog hair that stuck to it like velcro.

I had 2 muddy dogs in Alfie yesterday. A quick wipe over, all traces gone. Still getting used to being on "bare floor", i.e. without wall to wall carpet, but sheepskin rugs are lovely.

Set off from Cornwall + 7AM on Saturday for Preston ! - we arrived back home at 4AM on Sunday.... :) Sorry no pics yet...
What ?
Why not?
:welcome

Seen the van you’re buying when I picked up ours from Preston
It was the demo van outside ...
Grey
18” wheels
Wooden look floor very nice it must of only been on demo a few weeks

Yes Registered two months I think... Who did you deal with + Preston VW Van Center and how have they been so far...

Guy he’s a great fella
And rob in stores he is very helpful for the genuine cali extras cracking set of guys your in good hands all the best .jason

Looks lovely by the way:)

Just 4 more days ( hopefully ) before we collect our Cali now named “Doris” can’t believe we’re going to repeat the DRIVE up to Preston to collect her. Have a list of items to buy priority on list being carpets and seat covers - seen some on here in grey / black two tone leather look which hopefully Santa may bring anyone bought these as they are quite an investment !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay I omitted to add we’ve been dealing with Steve and Rob ( stores ) so far everyone’s been extremely helpful

Just 4 more days ( hopefully ) before we collect our Cali now named “Doris” can’t believe we’re going to repeat the DRIVE up to Preston to collect her. Have a list of items to buy priority on list being carpets and seat covers - seen some on here in grey / black two tone leather look which hopefully Santa may bring anyone bought these as they are quite an investment !

Might see you around falmouth?

Might see you around falmouth?

Most probably, parked up on the point enjoying an ice cream or the view along castle drive

Welcome and great to read how you extend your way back home! And actually forget the pics, pack up and do another trip/journey instead of taking pictures of you new van in your drive. Or do both at the same time? Taking picture form the next trip? Good combination!
However: Enjoy!

Welcome and great to read how you extend your way back home! And actually forget the pics, pack up and do another trip/journey instead of taking pictures of you new van in your drive. Or do both at the same time? Taking picture form the next trip? Good combination!
However: Enjoy!

Hi don’t actually have Doris yet, collecting her on Thursday

Hi don’t actually have Doris yet, collecting her on Thursday

Well we’ve JUST repeated the 340 mile drive up from cornwall to collect Doris, can’t believe we’ve done this !! Probably won’t sleep much tonite !! Did get a sneak preview earlier as Steve ( salesman) sent over a pic minus the bike rack and retro fit tints to windows, so after hopefully a good breakfast in the morning we will start to learn all about the zillion options and switches etc on the Cali. Saw a post from Grannyjen earlier re multiple instruction books YIKES I usually skip manuals guess I’ll need to set a few hours aside to read these. Taster pic below many more to follow
f5f9e9517302e77daab1821eec1bd6e0.jpg

Well, Christmas has been and gone.... several presents received for Doris and now having invested in a Gas bottle we're actually using the kitchen !

Must say we're "loving" our days out and when I retire later this year we will start our days away..... View over Pentire, Newquay last weekend......

Doris 2018.PNG

Back