Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for a good, trustworthy dealership in Central Scotland

DavidKeith

DavidKeith

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi folks, as the title suggests, I'm looking for a competent, trustworthy dealership in Central Scotland able to carry out a roof replacement and able to replace a damaged sink tap in a T5. Any advice would be most welcome.

There's not many about I'm afraid not capable of a roof replacement

I bought my van from Edinburgh van centre they seemed to know what was what but never used them as a service centre as we live miles away

I bought my van from Edinburgh van centre they seemed to know what was what but never used them as a service centre as we live miles away
Thanks for that. I believe there is a VW dealership in Kirkcaldy but I'm not sure if they would tackle this work.

I'm using Edinburgh after serious and repeated failures with Glasgow (inc loss of spare switched to crappy used wheel... only noticed by me many months later). Edinburgh know their stuff but do not have body shop, they link to Kirkcaldy but again for roof warranty stuff they are not covered for VW fix. That said they do regular body work so might be ok for you if going alone. Tap repairs should be fine in Edinburgh

I'm using Edinburgh after serious and repeated failures with Glasgow (inc loss of spare switched to crappy used wheel... only noticed by me many months later). Edinburgh know their stuff but do not have body shop, they link to Kirkcaldy but again for roof warranty stuff they are not covered for VW fix. That said they do regular body work so might be ok for you if going alone. Tap repairs should be fine in Edinburgh
That's interesting, it's Glasgow I'm having problems with as well. They've damaged the roof and are refusing to replace it. Thanks for your advice!

If it was a dealer that damaged your roof I would get in touch with vwcv uk

If it was a dealer that damaged your roof I would get in touch with vwcv uk
Thank you, I think that may have to be my next step. I have gone through Lookers official complaints procedure but they just past my complaint back to the dealership.

Hi folks, as the title suggests, I'm looking for a competent, trustworthy dealership in Central Scotland able to carry out a roof replacement and able to replace a damaged sink tap in a T5. Any advice would be most welcome.
According to your details you are still under warranty so VW Customer Services.

In what way was the roof damaged?

According to your details you are still under warranty so VW Customer Services.

In what way was the roof damaged?
The bellows were torn and the roof was creased at the same location by the VW dealership in Glasgow. They have replaced the bellows, but are refusing to replace the damaged roof!

The bellows were torn and the roof was creased at the same location by the VW dealership in Glasgow. They have replaced the bellows, but are refusing to replace the damaged roof!
I know it was the Dealership that did the damage, but as you can read on the Forum a number of members have done this themselves and it appears that the Roof crease can be repaired fairly easily by a good bodyshop or one of these mobile dent removal franchises.
I think you may find that VW CS will suggest a repair and probably the Dealers will agree to that, but replacing the whole roof will be a step too far.
Your only alternative then would be the Small Claims Court which , I believe in Scotland, has a limit of £3000 which might leave you out of pocket.

Myself, I would insist on an invisible repair by a VW bodyshop with Full Warranty protection.

Also, check under the rubber edge seal of the Elevating Section. Any pitting or bubbles should be reported as this will also require a repair and full respray.

Best of luck.

I know it was the Dealership that did the damage, but as you can read on the Forum a number of members have done this themselves and it appears that the Roof crease can be repaired fairly easily by a good bodyshop or one of these mobile dent removal franchises.
I think you may find that VW CS will suggest a repair and probably the Dealers will agree to that, but replacing the whole roof will be a step too far.
Your only alternative then would be the Small Claims Court which , I believe in Scotland, has a limit of £3000 which might leave you out of pocket.

Myself, I would insist on an invisible repair by a VW bodyshop with Full Warranty protection.

Also, check under the rubber edge seal of the Elevating Section. Any pitting or bubbles should be reported as this will also require a repair and full respray.

Best of luck.
The dealership has already attempted to repair the roof and it has been unsuccessful. The After Sales Manager has admitted that he would not have accepted the repair from the body shop, had he seen it before the vehicle was returned to me. I am unwilling to return my vehicle to this dealership as they have done so much damage to it over the last 5 months. Every time it has been in, it has come back in a worse condition.

The dealership has already attempted to repair the roof and it has been unsuccessful. The After Sales Manager has admitted that he would not have accepted the repair from the body shop, had he seen it before the vehicle was returned to me. I am unwilling to return my vehicle to this dealership as they have done so much damage to it over the last 5 months. Every time it has been in, it has come back in a worse condition.
Ok, then VWCS.

Yes, kick up a stink directly with VWCS and get them to get Lookers to pay for a repair at Benfields in Newcastle. Benfield we're one of the four original body shops repairing the roof rot and did a good job in my van.

Edinburgh Van Centre know most about Calis in Scotland. They have a great mechanic who's highly regarded. I've also had to go through Kirkcaldy (for anything bodyshop related) but they really don't know about Calis and their service is terrible. I haven't used Lookers but I think your story says it all. So I suggest going to Edinburgh in future.

Yes, kick up a stink directly with VWCS and get them to get Lookers to pay for a repair at Benfields in Newcastle. Benfield we're one of the four original body shops repairing the roof rot and did a good job in my van.

Edinburgh Van Centre know most about Calis in Scotland. They have a great mechanic who's highly regarded. I've also had to go through Kirkcaldy (for anything bodyshop related) but they really don't know about Calis and their service is terrible. I haven't used Lookers but I think your story says it all. So I suggest going to Edinburgh in future.
Thanks for that, it's good to hear a good report about someone in Scotland!

Always used VW Van centre Edinburgh for my Amarok and then my T6 Ocean. They are excellent.

Can anyone tell me what a T5 roof is made of? I have asked three different people in VW Lookers and have been given three different answers:
1. Fibreglass
2. Aluminium
3. Plastic

It's the plank for numbers 1 & 3 and an aluminium star for number 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro