Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for photos of Ocean with 5th seat fitted (with rear seats back)

Mark Garrett

Mark Garrett

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

We have an Ocean on order with the optional 5th seat.

I'm looking for some help from anyone with 3 children and hence using all 5 seats regularly with booster seats, how much space can we expect with the rear seats pushed back?

Thanks in advance!
Mark

Hi I don't have a photo to hand but use ours regularly with 2 kids (2 and 3) and 3 adults and there's loads of room. The seat is heavy so watch the weight and you can't put the bed down but other than those two problems, it's great. Enjoy!

IMG_0816.JPG IMG_6838.JPG IMG_6839.JPG

Hi. You can see in the photos the 5th seat both forwards facing and rear facing. We use the 5th seat with an isofix child seat. It's better rearwards facing as there is more leg room.

Also when we use it (day trips only) we turn it 90 degrees when we want to eat in the van with the front seats spun 180 degrees. Then everyone can sit around the table.

You can't open the bed with the 5th set obviously.

If you remove the parcel shelf you can move the bench seat back further.

Hope that helps.

We find it works better to put the fifth seat in the rails nearest the sink, makes getting in and out easier for rear passengers, & gives the person in the fifth seat a better view as they are in line with the gap between the front seats - also gives them more leg room.
As others have said, remove the rear shelf & the bench will go back another 2 foot if needed.

View attachment 23165 View attachment 23166 View attachment 23167

Hi. You can see in the photos the 5th seat both forwards facing and rear facing. We use the 5th seat with an isofix child seat. It's better rearwards facing as there is more leg room.

Also when we use it (day trips only) we turn it 90 degrees when we want to eat in the van with the front seats spun 180 degrees. Then everyone can sit around the table.

Hope that helps.
Hi can I ask how you put the table up with the 5th seat at 90 degrees? Thanks
All the best

View attachment 23165 View attachment 23166 View attachment 23167

Hope that helps.
Thats really helpful, Thank You ! And importantly it has reduced the nervousness about my Ocean decision (we want the kitchen, but want all passengers happy on journeys).

In those photos, is the parcel shelf still in? We will be using all seats and going camping, so will need the rear space!

S
Thats really helpful, Thank You ! And importantly it has reduced the nervousness about my Ocean decision (we want the kitchen, but want all passengers happy on journeys).

In those photos, is the parcel shelf still in? We will be using all seats and going camping, so will need the rear space!
Sorry no photos but we've used ours with 5 adults plus kit for skiing and the Cali swallowed it all. As other posters have said you need to remove the rear parcel shelf to move the bench seat back. Had a worry when we picked it up from dealer when bench seat wasn't pushed back - thinking how on earth can you get an adult behind the 5th seat And if you remove the fifth seat check the posts about how to remove it correctly without damaging the rails and make sure you have a helper. It's a well engineered (heavy) lump.

Back