Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for suggestion for Lake district

Old dungeon ghyll, new dungeon ghyll, Stickle barn, Wainwright, and Britannia Inn. 6.5miles, good beer and good food.
ODG is great pub, sad old Trevor with one missing tooth has gone, been there since I first went in 93 !
Trevor got married!

Just got back from the Lakes, NT Eskdale is very good, and bit more basic is Howthwate NT next to Coniston water both have some good walks.IMG_1084.JPEGIMG_1103.JPEG

Just got back from the Lakes, NT Eskdale is very good, and bit more basic is Howthwate NT next to Coniston water both have some good walks
Good to see from your phot that NT Eskdale have put some more gravel down for access and looks like some more hard standing area as well. It’s just about our favourite place but it really struggles with drainage despite an underground pump. We’ve stayed a couple of times surrounded by a few inches of water but it was virtually unusable last visit in October, all new arrivals had to be cancelled; the few of us that remained in vans battled through. We ended up in the parking lot along with a couple of other vans, and the NT team were brilliant in offering up an empty pod to decamp the kids into so loss of awning etc wasn’t an issue. All part of the fun.

Hi, just trawling for campsite posts. I like your map of saved sites, is there a way for me to save this in my Google Maps list..?
In principle, yes! You can export layers from our map, create your own map, and import the exported data into your own.

Good to see from your phot that NT Eskdale have put some more gravel down for access and looks like some more hard standing area as well. It’s just about our favourite place but it really struggles with drainage despite an underground pump. We’ve stayed a couple of times surrounded by a few inches of water but it was virtually unusable last visit in October, all new arrivals had to be cancelled; the few of us that remained in vans battled through. We ended up in the parking lot along with a couple of other vans, and the NT team were brilliant in offering up an empty pod to decamp the kids into so loss of awning etc wasn’t an issue. All part of the fun.
I was surprised how dry it was considering how much rain there was last weekend.

Great, just need to research "export and import"...;-)
OK, managed to download the map and import into mine. I needed to do it on the laptop rather than iPad (at least I couldn't see how to do it on the iPad).

Just need to add all my other sites to the map, great resource.

OK, managed to download the map and import into mine.
Just need to add all my other sites to the map, great resource.
Great! We have several more maps like this one, if you’re interested. Most somewhat more extensive, e.g. for Scotland, Scandinavia, Pyrenees, Westalps and others. Also combining info from other resources. Just search on the forum.

Great! We have several more maps like this one, if you’re interested. Most somewhat more extensive, e.g. for Scotland, Scandinavia, Pyrenees, Westalps and others. Also combining info from other resources. Just search on the forum.
Perfect, will go searching…:thanks

Im looking too at Lake District & really like the look of Side Farm as it looks like you can launch straight onto the water from the site which is really what Im after - anybody been?

No rain-no Lakes. Take a brolley! South Lakes is nice and a bit quieter than the tourist hot spots.

I like the look of Hoathwaite as smaller than the other NT campsites & you can launch from there - were there any eating places nearby?
Nearest place was the Ship Inn camp site side of Coniston town poss in the region of 1.5 to 2 mile walk, about an hour walk to Coniston along the shore on a good track which is easily level cycle ride and another Pub at Torver the Wilson Arms 2 to 3 miles away.

Just had a lovely week staying at Gillside Farm Campsite at Glenridding, Ullswater. Excellent walking from site. Pub and shops in village. Not too busy. Good value.