Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for the impossible Kitchen Pod

A

ahjury

VIP Member
I've been looking around for a kitchen pod of sorts but specs are fairly specific. Guessing the ultimate answer is to have it built/build it myself, but wondered if anything out there may work - even if needs some adapting.
Requirements are :
Needs to fit on rear pull out tray - next to fridge, so dimensions need to be 60 cm wide (to accommodate fridge next to it) x 71 cm depth and 40 cm height.
No really fussed about water and washing bowl - so cooking only using butane camping gaz single or dual burner - with some storage space below.
Possibility to remove and install in van using runners - probably by stacking the front bit on top of the back section.

Best one I saw was the DIY 'lockdown project' put up recently. Unfortunately beyond my capability. Any suggestion on who might be able to knock something up or if there is something out there that I could adapt without too much re-engineering.

Great idea. But the weather in Uk is not compatible with slide Outs otherwise that’s what I would have had. I have Vanessa-mobilcamping Oslo Kitchen module. Absolutley perfect. Not cheap ! But perfectly formed.

Have you seen this post:

There is the Nest by Ego but I will be honest I trialled one for 3 months and it had a LOT of issues and I wouldnt recommend it.

Had some fab features, awesome storage, space for fridge etc.

However it was incredibly heavy because of the amount of metal used, the wood became swollen in some places and unsealed wood started to go moldy on edges.Drawers started to sag. It was also expensive.

Slidepod were planning to do something called a Transit pod, not sure if it got released but worth a look.

Pitty these guys got out of business,...:
Fun!

The longest kitchen pod ever seen: