Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Loose stove burner

M

Maria Taplin

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello folks - has anyone else had a loose stove burner. Is it possible to tighten and how do I do it? Thank you

Hello folks - has anyone else had a loose stove burner. Is it possible to tighten and how do I do it? Thank you
What’s loose exactly? There are two screws on the top that unscrew to remove the burner. Are they tight on yours @Maria Taplin

Hi - thank you

The two screws at the top have rusted - I thought hey just held the plate but see now that they hold the burner in place

As you can see in the pic, the screws are badly rusted and stuck in.

Bit of a mess - need to get the rusty screws out somehow and replace.

The igniter is wobbly too.

But the burner does work at least ☺️

Cheers

IMG_20210831_115842.jpg

Hi - thank you

The two screws at the top have rusted - I thought hey just held the plate but see now that they hold the burner in place

Cheers

View attachment 83824
Tricky! I fear that you will need to very carefully drill out the old screws. Try and ‘centre punch’ the rusted screws to avoid the drill dancing around. Good luck Maria.

Hi - thank you

Cheers

View attachment 83824
Soak the screws in a releasing agent, WD40 or Plusgas a few times and use the correct sized screwdriver or pliers to loosen them.

Soak the screws in a releasing agent, WD40 or Plusgas a few times and use the correct sized screwdriver or pliers to loosen them.
From the photo, it looks like the screws have rusted and the head has sheared off.