Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lost key for water cap

N

nutrafin

Vehicle
Grand California 600
Hello

My GC600 (bought pre-registered) came without keys for the water cap.
I'm trying to get the dealer in Leicester to fix, but there is no immediate solution - other than fill through the cabin.

The ignition key is too small (I've tried a vw/audi key and that seems to fit but obviously will not unlock)

Can anyone tell me if there is a code on the key you have?

Thanks in advance

If it is like mine (2015 SE), a new cap/key can be bought from VW . The original cap can be prised off with a small flat blade screw driver.

You can buy them off eBay too as I lost my cap on my westy think it was £10/£15.
if the new key doesn’t get old one off, just put screw3068500E-B9F4-4903-B62B-ED285315EDB8.jpegdriver in lock (give it a tap and turn).
That’s if it’s the same, attached pic of mine.

Hello

My GC600 (bought pre-registered) came without keys for the water cap.
I'm trying to get the dealer in Leicester to fix, but there is no immediate solution - other than fill through the cabin.

The ignition key is too small (I've tried a vw/audi key and that seems to fit but obviously will not unlock)

Can anyone tell me if there is a code on the key you have?

Thanks in advance
Hi Nutrafin

My key has a code FW742 - it is a GC680

Good luck with getting a replacement

John

Hi Nutrafin

John
Mine FW 743 off GC 680 so different. But not much in it.
think they are the same as the Cali cap

Last edited:
Thank you all - much appreciated :)

Hi Nutrafin

John
Hi John (and Jester)

Still no luck with this - would you be so kind as to send me a picture of the key?, as it seems I can get one cut if I send a photo of what I (hopefully) need from www.key2code.co.uk

All and any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hi nutrafin

attached is a photo of the key - sent from a very sunny Noirmoutier-En-Ile. Hopefully this will help

John

B6A27511-6FC8-4BDB-BF05-9F7ACE3C7138.jpeg

Thanks Nutrafin
Have to say the 680 is working out as a great van for the two of us. We have been on the road now for 23 nights and have had no problems - easy to drive and manoeuvre, comfortable to sleep in, easy to cook in, love the awning and storage, battery life is good when off grid, water lasts well. We have stayed in official campsites, aires, and wild camped
We are really looking forward to the next 6 weeks

Back