Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Low gas pressure/flame

altvic

altvic

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
There is half full 907 gas cylinder but suddenly the max flame on both kitchen burners has become very low. Anyone have an idea what might be the cause?
Thank you.

There is half full 907 gas cylinder but suddenly the max flame on both kitchen burners has become very low. Anyone have an idea what might be the cause?
Thank you.
Low ambient temperature or faulty regulator or blockage/compression of pipe work.
Check that the Regulator tap is fully open as well as the tap L Upper kitchen cabinet.

Checked all taps, WG. Ambient temperature c.15deg so faulty regulator or blockage in pipework? Gas flows freely out of tap on top of canister, and the fact that both burners affected rules out, to my mind, any issues post red tap under sink (?). Here’s hoping it’s the regulator. Thanks for your help WG.

Checked all taps, WG. Ambient temperature c.15deg so faulty regulator or blockage in pipework? Gas flows freely out of tap on top of canister, and the fact that both burners affected rules out, to my mind, any issues post red tap under sink (?). Here’s hoping it’s the regulator. Thanks for your help WG.
Should be a Warranty exchange possibly.
Can you check with another Campingaz cylinder just in case. Those regulators can fail, but rarely.

The issue also seems very odd to me. At Slimbridge meet tomorrow so some generous soul might offer to oblige

Is the rubber pipe in the gas container pinched at all?

Alan

Definitely the regulator. Kind soul next to me at Slimbridge took off his for me to try. Bingo, worked a treat. Will now be getting a new one. As you say WG, unusual for regulators to fault.

Definitely the regulator. Kind soul next to me at Slimbridge took off his for me to try. Bingo, worked a treat. Will now be getting a new one. As you say WG, unusual for regulators to fault.
You could do the Calor Regulator Conversion.
If you can tie your shoelaces you can do this.
Makes getting the bottle out easy as well as tightening the regulator without overtightening, and no more possibility of jamming the screw lid because the God regulator/tap is not correctly positioned. Pictures and parts in thread below.

You could do the Calor Regulator Conversion.
If you can tie your shoelaces you can do this.
Makes getting the bottle out easy as well as tightening the regulator without overtightening, and no more possibility of jamming the screw lid because the God regulator/tap is not correctly positioned. Pictures and parts in thread below.

This is a good idea but thought I’d try the VW warranty route.
To conclude this ‘saga’ I had to take camper into Llandudno VW yesterday morning as they insisted a picture of ‘work’ being done to exchange the faulty regulator! If not taken in I would have to pay for the regulator.
Anyhow, gas working a treat now.
The Pizo ignition was always very difficult to ignite, but not now, so got me thinking that the regulator was always iffy. Perhaps Californians who have trouble igniting should look at changing regulators?

Last edited:
that was me. did you get a new un?

I have a problem with the gas not coming through (it has been sporadic for a few months now) and looking at all of the posts on here it may be the regulator. Have spoken to VW dealership and there seems to be an issue about fitting a new regulator as they don't have any gas qualified people. Is there any issue fitting it yourself and if you do does it invalidate any VW warranty?

I have a problem with the gas not coming through (it has been sporadic for a few months now) and looking at all of the posts on here it may be the regulator. Have spoken to VW dealership and there seems to be an issue about fitting a new regulator as they don't have any gas qualified people. Is there any issue fitting it yourself and if you do does it invalidate any VW warranty?
No problem, and you are probably better off doing it yourself. You can probably get it from the Forum shop cheaper using your VIP discount. If you can't find it on the shop site then give them a ring.

It is there.

I agree you are better doing it yourself. The dealer probably has to have a certified gas installer to do it! It is easy to do.

piece of p#ss to change yourself, the 'master techs ' at VW won't know what to do. i already swapped mine out for the same issue. you can fit a campingaz one alot cheaper next time like you do for your cadac

Quick delivery from forum shop, all replaced, it was very simple to fit and now all working!! Thanks for the advice as would have been a right pain in the bottom to get it sorted through VW dealer.