Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Lower Lode Inn Cali Meet 14 - 16 October

We have just arrived home after a five hour drive. What a lovely weekend. It was very relaxing and delightful to be with such great company, as usual. The lower Lode looked resplendent in the sunshine and we both enjoyed meeting new friends.
Many thanks to both Simon and Alison for organising this lovely meet.

We have had a lovely weekend at this meet. Met some new Cali's, Beetroot and Billy Ocean aka Itscalledbob, T6 CFO , and was also good to see friends from previous meets., Lulu, Brywy, Borris and of course SimonB and Alison.
Thank you Simon and Alison for making this a great weekend for us and Bugsy x
Mrs B x

Great weekend here again. Thanks to Alison and Simon for sorting it out, especially the weather. Few pictures here.

Connected Calis. Think Brin was hoping they would breed.

Fred the ferryman. Bit of a character to say the least.

From the other side of the river.

Calis by moonlight.

Down in Somerset and on my way to Bromsgrove this afternoon. Will try and call by; no Cali though so can't claim the prize for the furthest travelled.
:eek::cheers

A couple who owned a Beach would claim the furthest travelled I'm afraid.
They came from New Zealand.
Visiting a VW dealership in the locality and thought they would call by and see us.
Many thanks for coming Andy, I think you will have set a distance record that will be hard to beat.

Last edited:
Just got back after staying the extra night. The bar was very quiet after the previous night.
Thank you all for coming, it was great to see so many familiar faces and also a lot of new ones too.
We had 19 staying over at the end and we were so lucky with the weather.P1040473.JPG P1040474.JPG P1040476.JPG P1040477.JPG P1040479.JPG P1040481.JPG

Eventually just two of us left. These were taken about 6.30 this morning.
P1040487.JPG P1040503.JPG P1040505.JPG

Thank you Simon and Alison for arranging such a wonderful meet, this was our first club meet and had no idea of what to expect but we loved it !! sorry we did not get round to meeting everyone. Looking forward to to next one as we think we are hooked

Interesting observation from mrs snowy.

A random selection of 19 Calis staying two of which had been built and delivered with missing or incorrect major parts.

So are 10% of all Calis built incorrectly?

Thank you Simon and Alison for arranging such a wonderful meet, this was our first club meet and had no idea of what to expect but we loved it !! sorry we did not get round to meeting everyone. Looking forward to to next one as we think we are hooked
Very glad you made it. Did you eventually come up for the day on Sunday or did you manage to stop over for Saturday night too?
Did you have to come far? Hope you managed to find out as much as possible from the other California owners there to answer any questions you may have had.
Best wishes Simon

Thanks to all at Lower Lode and especially SimonB for organising and Bikergran for supplying a host vehicle to test a new gadget.

Mike
One of the electronic gizmos is winging its way to me from Amazon already!

And I now have a new battery - the one in my van Was the original VW one so I can hardly complain - 9 years old!

And I now have a new battery - the one in my van Was the original VW one so I can hardly complain - 9 years old!
Very wise decision. With the colder weather coming up, it's only going to get worse.

There are no more in the diary for this year I'm afraid, but April, May time next year there will probably be a club one organised.
There may be some small informal meets before then.

Very wise decision. With the colder weather coming up, it's only going to get worse.
No decision to be made - he put his tester on it and said 'it should be putting out 750 but it's only 550 and it's warm - if I was testing it cold it would probably be 350'.

Interesting observation from mrs snowy.

A random selection of 19 Calis staying two of which had been built and delivered with missing or incorrect major parts.

So are 10% of all Calis built incorrectly?

If you consider an 8foot black metal tube as major then I think it might have been three! As I recall there was a beach that had to be reordered, @t6cfo was missing his 4 motion and we were missing an awning... Not great!

There are no more in the diary for this year I'm afraid, but April, May time next year there will probably be a club one organised.
There may be some small informal meets before then.

How about a Christmas meet? We attended the Christmas meet a few years ago, and was nice seeing all the Cali's decorated in fairy lights

Back