Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lowering my T4

Steven Thomson

Steven Thomson

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
Hi,

Total newbie here so bear with me. I’m a UK expat and I live in Muscat, Oman. Campervans are not popular here at all, in fact they are almost non existent. By pure chance I found a 1993 VW T4 Westfalia California Club for sale online and I had to buy it. It’s lived all it’s life in Japan and was imported here six years ago by a Russian guy that lives not far from me. It is immaculate for its age. Anyway I bought it off him nearly two years ago now and love it. The big problem I have is parts here are very hard to come by here. I have a good mechanic friend here who services it for me but at times he has to repair it with his initiative and non standard parts.

Does anyone know any companies who deal in T4 parts (such as service kits, engine parts, ventillation and air conditioning, suspension and steering parts etc) and are happy to ship to Muscat?

Thanks!

Steven

7B943F54-0983-4584-A8F1-883316F02CC1.jpeg

964FCFB5-C810-4175-BBBA-4A33695AC93C.jpeg

Wow that’s a peach. Nice colour.

I don’t know of any specific company but if your an ex pat then surely the easiest option is to get parts shipped from here by friends/family?

Was there a lowering question? The thread title suggests so?

I was originally going to ask a question about lowering, then I realised I generally need parts so changed the question and forgot to change the title.

Buy yes, I fancy dropping it a bit and getting bigger alloys on it. If you can recommend a lowering kit and supplier it would be appreciated.

Beauty!
Since it is for 99% a standard VW T4 transporter, any VW dealer could get you the parts you need but probably not from stock...

Wonderful Cali, Steven and welcome!

As Deskman said, I‘d ask an official dealer to get the parts for you
I sometimes buy things here:
ahw-shop.de (only in German?).

Cheers

Lowering is simple. Shorter springs on the rear (-40mm). Front required a big 27 MM deep socket and the biggest breaker bar you can find. It simply a case of unwinding the torsion bar mount.

Try my friends at brickwerks they ship all over and only sell good quality parts if there’s something you need not on the webshop email them

Hi,

Total newbie here so bear with me. I’m a UK expat and I live in Muscat, Oman. Campervans are not popular here at all, in fact they are almost non existent. By pure chance I found a 1993 VW T4 Westfalia California Club for sale online and I had to buy it. It’s lived all it’s life in Japan and was imported here six years ago by a Russian guy that lives not far from me. It is immaculate for its age. Anyway I bought it off him nearly two years ago now and love it. The big problem I have is parts here are very hard to come by here. I have a good mechanic friend here who services it for me but at times he has to repair it with his initiative and non standard parts.

Does anyone know any companies who deal in T4 parts (such as service kits, engine parts, ventillation and air conditioning, suspension and steering parts etc) and are happy to ship to Muscat?

Thanks!

Steven

View attachment 34062

View attachment 34063
Hi and welcome to the forum. Yea I'm sure its tricky to find parts in Oman. I've used this company in Germany, they seem to be affiliated some what with VW, they offer an online store, you can create an account, save your vin number, browse the parts diagrams and look up part numbers etc. Their customer service agents also email to double check your orders and make sure you are getting the correct parts.
Here is a link to their website.
Regards Padraic.

Hi,

Thanks!

Steven

View attachment 34062

View attachment 34063
Hi Steven, my partner works in Adam, about 2 hours away from Muscat. She has colleagues flying in/out of country all the time. They are always carrying stuff for other people, as long as the item is not too large. We may be able to sort out a "courier" for you.

Back