Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lowering the driver's seat

Sp0_0k

Sp0_0k

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
Is it possible to lower driver's seat? Maybe even at a cost of swiveling.
It is too high for me, and feeling a bit uncomfortable so far.

The only way to have a height adjustable seat is to have the non-swivelling comfort seat. I don't believe VW will sell you one of these - although there might be some swivelgate seats floating around!

Under VW seats is a 'sandwich' of components, a simple pressed steel base unit, a slider mechanism, and if fitted a swivel mechanism. I've added two VW swivel mechanisms to the single non swivel front seats, on a 2011 build T5.1, so unless there are other variations on the seat framework, always possible, you 'should' be able to remove the swivel mechanism and bolt the seat onto the slider mechanism, any one else done this on other year T5's ? its a tousle to separate the plastic seat base trim, you may have to consider trim depth .. only four fastenings hold the slider mechanism to the base, you will need to firstly disconnect the vehicle batteries or you will get a seat airbag fault code. Well loosen the two front seat fastenings remove the two rear seat fastenings, a helper to tip and hold he seat forward to access from the rear and disconnect seat airbag (if fitted) yellow connector, and the seat occupant microswitch black connector fastenings. should if successful save you bout 30 mm, ... check for clearance any underseat battery terminals, probably just passenger side.

Rgrds,

Rob H.

I remember year ago the old Talbot/Peugeot vans had a similar problem and people used to fit a sort of flat fill in section on the floor where the driver's feet rested. Just a thought ....

Thank you for all the info. So at least it is possible. :)
Also the flatness a bit weird, I tend to fall to the sides in turns ;) Pretty used to almost sporty seats which hold you tight in place.

You're cornering too fast, ... use both hands to hold onto the grab handle and passenger ... or maybe you need less grippy tyres, lol ... Don't bin that swivel mechanism, they cost an arm and a leg, and its tuv tested, sell it on e bay.

Rgrds,

Rob H.

Clearly don't do anything that can't be reversed (without a trace) when you come to sell it.

Back