Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LV Insurance Discount

SimonB

SimonB

Staff member
Top Poster
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I was just speaking with LV regarding a change of vehicle and was running through the standard details and was asked if the vehicle has a dash cam, then asked if it had reversing sensors. When I replied yes to both the questions it lead to a discount of about £14. Not a huge amount, but worth having.
I then asked if we could revisit the policy for the California, was asked the same question about parking sensors and dash cam and was given a similar discount for the California too.

If any of you are insured with LV, might be worth a phone call.

Simon

I was just speaking with LV regarding a change of vehicle and was running through the standard details and was asked if the vehicle has a dash cam, then asked if it had reversing sensors. When I replied yes to both the questions it lead to a discount of about £14. Not a huge amount, but worth having.
I then asked if we could revisit the policy for the California, was asked the same question about parking sensors and dash cam and was given a similar discount for the California too.

If any of you are insured with LV, might be worth a phone call.

Simon
Interestingly my wife had an Oem reversing camera fitted to her car.

LV wouldn’t give a discount!

a question for renewal

edit
LV were good enough to rebate something for non use of the vehicle during lock down

I've had the reversing camera, parking sensors front & rear plus the dash cam on the Cali for the 3½ years I've had it and never had reason to ask for a discount for having them. On the renewal form it doesn't ask if you have had things fitted that could reduce the premium.

How much did you get back for non use during lockdown, may I ask. I think we did only about 4,000 miles last year.

I’ve just asked for a quote from LV using their online form… there’s a standard question asking if you have reversing camera and/or dash cam. Guess you’d only see it if you were a new customer.

I've had the reversing camera, parking sensors front & rear plus the dash cam on the Cali for the 3½ years I've had it and never had reason to ask for a discount for having them. On the renewal form it doesn't ask if you have had things fitted that could reduce the premium.

How much did you get back for non use during lockdown, may I ask. I think we did only about 4,000 miles last year.
Hi Simon,

the Boss dealt with LV, I think it was £25 per vehicle, which I though was a decent gesture.
LV call it the green heart, if you’ve been furlough you’ll qualify, there are other ways to qualify