Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MAKING A CUP OF TEA IN YOUR BEACH...

JTMonza

JTMonza

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All,
I wanted some ideas and tips for the best solution to make a quick cup of tea or coffee whilst you are out and about in your beach.
Do any of you have any good suggestions for kit and where is best to source value it ?!
Look forward to your ideas ...!
Thanks

Small and inexpensive camping stove, single ring, uses aerosol size gas canisters with its own plastic storage box.

Camping kettle with integral whilst

Available everywhere, canisters range from a pound each.

79C8F506-0E68-481B-9C21-A2EF7052F44E.png702FD3C2-04DF-4B94-B020-5348EC5AA715.png

Definitely, boils water in a minute or so, packs away into itself so is really compact. I also use it to make porridge for my 2 year old in the mornings.

Thanks, looks a cheap and cheerful option. Are they effective..?

Do they work, yes
Are they cheap, yes but are well up to the task
Very light weight and take up very minimal space
In windy conditions I use a small aluminium screen to shield the flame which makes it more effective.
Many places will have these on offer, at various times, simple design and not much that can go wrong.
Canisters small and available everywhere in U.K.
Would I buy another yes

Are there other options most definitely, but maybe not at the price ?

Piezo spark to ignite, no need to carry matches

I use a vango folding stove on a cork mat. Uses the screw on canisters but sometimes use an adapter for the butane cartridgesC883F129-3202-44EA-B051-FFC671E1569D.jpeg

Jetboil, and yes, worth the money ;-) one of my best cali buys

Thermos. Just buy a good quality one and it holds hot water over 24 hours. 1 liter sits perfectly indoor trays.
We drink a lot of tea so have a pattern in travels of keeping the thermos or 2 up. Either fill em up quick when on a hookup with 2kw kettle. Add water from a 12v kettle when driving as there is "free" electricity from the alternator. Or boil it in a camping kettle on an ultralight camping stove.
Having hot water has lots of advantages, even cooking something in the morning and using preheated water (70-80'c) for lets say boiling eggs saves a lot of time.

I use a vango folding stove on a cork mat. Uses the screw on canisters but sometimes use an adapter for the butane cartridgesView attachment 43371
Nice set up! Can I ask where you got your shelf that's attached to the side rail?? Been searching for something just like it for a while now. Thanks :)

Hi All,
I wanted some ideas and tips for the best solution to make a quick cup of tea or coffee whilst you are out and about in your beach.
Do any of you have any good suggestions for kit and where is best to source value it ?!
Look forward to your ideas ...!
Thanks
This is what I use, collapsible kettle is great.Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 18.01.55.png

All in this thread

Jetboil. You can take it on day trips etc. Packs down within itself and boils about 2 mugs of water in under 2 mins.

Forget the overpriced Jetboil...
Go for the British produced Alpkit. Absolutely brilliant and half the price:thumb

Making a cup of tea or coffee is a doddle in a Beach, an Ocean or any vehicle for that matter. All you need is:

1. A Thermos jug for hot water.
2. A small thermos for fresh milk.
3. A small click top box containing coffee and spoon.
4. A small click top box for tea bags.
5. A small click top box containing sugar and spoon (if applicable).
6. Two insulated mugs.

Boil the water before you leave home or at the campsite in the morning. It will stay piping hot for hours. Making tea or coffee takes seconds and it will stay hot for several hours in a good insulated mug.

We have two of these. They sit in the holes that those stupid ash tray pot things usually sit in on top of the dash:
IMG_6612.jpg

IMG_6614.jpg

We use a firemaple from plant x, 2mins boil and only £30 notes

Alpkit Brukit here too, in fact we use it for all our drinks because its so much faster than a kettle on most burners.

In the van there's usually an Alpkit Brukit, a little gas stove or a Kettle if we're on hookup to pick from. I like a backup plan.

Back