Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manual side door stuck

M

M32

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
This morning I went to open the sliding door on my 2019 Beach and it wouldn't open . When I opened up the drivers door I was then able to open up the sliding door without any effort. I dont think there is anything wrong with the door lock or mechanism but came to the conclusion that it was the door seal causing the issue (as in the seal is so efficient on the sliding door that it was acting like a suction cup, releasing the internal pressure allowed the door to open). Does this sound plausable? I've had T5's for a number of years so am aware of the the doors freezing stuck but there has not been a frost this morning.

I have had a problem opening mine not opening from inside when it was OK from outside. After discussion on here I was going to get the garage to look at the mechanism but then it just righted itself. Did you try again later? Hope it is not a ongoing issue but at least the van makes for a "interesting" day!

Yes I tried later and no issues at all.

My previous T5 had electric doors with the power latching mechanism so I'm still getting used to the manual sliding doors . The difference between manual and electric with a powerlatch is worlds apart. I find that the manual doors need quite a bit of force to close and latch. I've sort of accepted that this is just how they are, I still have a warrenty so may get them to take a look when its next in for a service.

Yes I tried later and no issues at all.

My previous T5 had electric doors with the power latching mechanism so I'm still getting used to the manual sliding doors . The difference between manual and electric with a powerlatch is worlds apart. I find that the manual doors need quite a bit of force to close and latch. I've sort of accepted that this is just how they are, I still have a warrenty so may get them to take a look when its next in for a service.
I have to slam mine to close it but I just assumed that it is a van. My old van was a T4 which we converted this is luxury.

This morning I went to open the sliding door on my 2019 Beach and it wouldn't open . When I opened up the drivers door I was then able to open up the sliding door without any effort. I dont think there is anything wrong with the door lock or mechanism but came to the conclusion that it was the door seal causing the issue (as in the seal is so efficient on the sliding door that it was acting like a suction cup, releasing the internal pressure allowed the door to open). Does this sound plausable? I've had T5's for a number of years so am aware of the the doors freezing stuck but there has not been a frost this morning.

Was it deadlocked?

No, I checked again today and I think it may just be the rubber sticking to the door.
Put a light coating of silicone on the rubber door seal.

Reactions: M32
Chapstick or talcum powder around the door seals
depending how you like it.

Reactions: M32