Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manual to Electric Roof on T6

RayH

RayH

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
I've read many interesting posts on the Elevating roof. It seems there are a number of issues with the electric option, with members opting to convert electric to manual.
My new T6 comes with a manual pop-up as standard, & I'm considering a change to the electric option.
Has anybody done this? Is the manual better/ more reliable?

Thanks for your input!

Stick with the manual roof, it won´t break.

Thats the beauty of the coast isn´t it.
The costs for the parts alone will be astronomical.

It's not the 1st of april is it ....?

I wouldn't!
It would be a massive and expensive job and would probably knock thousands off the value of your van.
Don't do it!!

I've read many interesting posts on the Elevating roof. It seems there are a number of issues with the electric option, with members opting to convert electric to manual.
My new T6 comes with a manual pop-up as standard, & I'm considering a change to the electric option.
Has anybody done this? Is the manual better/ more reliable?

Thanks for your input!
I don't think there are issues with the electric roof, just more stuff to go wrong but I haven't heard of people changing to manual or vice versa. Keep it as it is, why change?

sell the coast buy an ocean

I don't think there are issues with the electric roof, just more stuff to go wrong but I haven't heard of people changing to manual or vice versa. Keep it as it is, why change?
There is a post, detailing how to do the conversion to manual but it's a pretty big job!

I wouldn't!
It would be a massive and expensive job and would probably knock thousands off the value of your van.
Don't do it!!
Thank you for your input. Manual does indeed seem to be the best option!

Back