Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

March trip suggestions

veg_frenzy

veg_frenzy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
All,
I have about 10-12 days from mid March for a Cali trip. Looking for some suggestions please. Contenders were Scotland (recognising the weather might be a bit chilly and road conditions might be difficult), France (fancy a bit of better weather, so that would like me a trip to the south somewhere) or somewhere else in the UK (not done Devon/Cornwall as yet - can you believe it). But open to other suggestions also.
Many thanks in advance.

A couple of years ago we did Cornwall out of season so not too many people - Lizard and then down to Lands End and back up through North Devon

All,
I have about 10-12 days from mid March for a Cali trip. Looking for some suggestions please. Contenders were Scotland (recognising the weather might be a bit chilly and road conditions might be difficult), France (fancy a bit of better weather, so that would like me a trip to the south somewhere) or somewhere else in the UK (not done Devon/Cornwall as yet - can you believe it). But open to other suggestions also.
Many thanks in advance.
Holland to see the Tulips and visit Amsterdam?

We went to the south of France in March a few years back and discovered it’s a time of really cold fierce winds! We found good weather in Scotland and West coast of Ireland at a similar time of year though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If the weather's going to be crap anyway, why would you want to be in dank France? West coast of Scotland it has to be! You'll even be able see some of it some days, through gaps in the sideways rain, but it will all be worth it. Yes it will be cold but that's why you have a diesel heater.

If you want to make it an epic, head right out to the Outer Hebrides (weather/ferries permitting).

Holland to see the Tulips and visit Amsterdam?
Bit early for the tulips. Might be some hyacinths which are pretty but not as many.
The Konigshof gardens will be beautiful anytime.

All,
Many thanks in advance.
I am sure those 10-12 days, you would not want to be parked up at one place. I would vote for Scotland. Start at Loch Lomond, A82 up to Tarbet, then down A83 where it meets the 816 ... And then off the beaten track and all the way up Oban >> Glencoe >> fort William >> Malaig >> Skye >> etc. Etc .. but stay off the A roads if possible. A campground every 2 days will help you stay clean.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bit early for the tulips. Might be some hyacinths which are pretty but not as many.
The Konigshof gardens will be beautiful anytime.
We visited March 23rd 2017 and the Gardens opened on the 21st I believe. The Tulips were in full Bloom.
The date varies depending on the winter weather so probably later this year.

We went on March the 21 st 3 yrs ago, there was very little colour on the way to Germany, much better on the way back 10 days later.
As you say every year is different.

As always the weather is a crucial factor when camping .
Thats why we don't plan to much and certainly don't book sites.
Go with the flow....all you need is to pack the Cali and start ...

Back