Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Marco Polo Accessories

MP1

MP1

Having trouble sourcing any specific accessories for our Marco Polo, Mercedes dealer does not sell anything at all and any search on Google comes to a dead end. We are currently looking for carpets and some Brandrup goodies.

I wanted to click "funny" on your post but I would not be that unfair. I think it your van will be just to new in uk

Last edited:
Having trouble sourcing any specific accessories for our Marco Polo, Mercedes dealer does not sell anything at all and any search on Google comes to a dead end. We are currently looking for carpets and some Brandrup goodies.
Apart from general camping accessories I think it is going to be DIY for some time to come before there are a range of MP only items.

One of the things I liked about the MP was the lino-type floor. Wipe clean and just have a couple of sheepskin rugs for my feet. I currently have carpet and it's a pain.

When I went away I always took a few carpet tester squares. These are free from most carpet shops. When used just bin and lay a new one down. Even pugs, now replaced with one French bulldog and an allsorts 1/4 pug puppy ( can't always pick the breed if you rescue) have mucky paws, and the carpet tiles worked very well.

When I went away I always took a few carpet tester squares. These are free from most carpet shops. When used just bin and lay a new one down. Even pugs, now replaced with one French bulldog and an allsorts 1/4 pug puppy ( can't always pick the breed if you rescue) have mucky paws, and the carpet tiles worked very well.

A good idea. My only problem with it is covering over the rails meaning it has to be moved and put somewhere if sleeping downstairs. However keeping the floor clean, especially with dogs (Max is staring at me with pleading eyes as I type :D ) is a pain and use then lose is quite attractive.

The Marco Polo has been out for years in mainland Europe, perhaps try German ebay/ sites.

A good idea. My only problem with it is covering over the rails meaning it has to be moved and put somewhere if sleeping downstairs. However keeping the floor clean, especially with dogs (Max is staring at me with pleading eyes as I type :D ) is a pain and use then lose is quite attractive.
You could get a piece of Cushion Floor - upgraded Lino, and cut to size with slots for the rails. A Local Carpet fitter would sort you out. Doesn't have to be carpet.
8231d0a9242437d5776f95e61b1aeeb3--click-flooring-wood-flooring.jpg

You could get a piece of Cushion Floor - upgraded Lino, and cut to size with slots for the rails. A Local Carpet fitter would sort you out. Doesn't have to be carpet.
View attachment 24225

GMTA :)

I was saying to Jo on the way home yesterday that I think I will just lift the tailored carpet from the living area and take it into my friendly carpet shop and ask him to cut a shape out of the same non-slip cushion floor that he recently installed in my bathroom.

A couple of sheepskin rugs for my feet and I would be happy.

However, when they lay cushion floor they often lay under it something like hardboard to ensure it is totally flat. Would cushion floor work on a knobbly service? @Freeley , any opinions?

I was saying to Jo on the way home yesterday that I think I will just lift the tailored carpet from the living area and take it into my friendly carpet shop and ask him to cut a shape out of the same non-slip cushion floor that he recently installed in my bathroom.

However, when they lay cushion floor they often lay under it something like hardboard to ensure it is totally flat. Would cushion floor work on a knobbly service? @Freeley , any opinions?
It would work but would have a ripple finish, less than the original flooring and would still be cleaned more easily. You can get quit thick cushion floor, which would probably bed into the original floor indentations in time. Don't use very thin Vinyl/Lino as that would require a flat surface.

Just double up on the carpet tiles. I remember once having a big stack of them given to me from carpet world. I think they ended up all over Europe including the field of waterloo when a French cuirassier asked for one to put his kit on, then the chap taking the part of Napoleon wanted one and then I had to take my leave before they had the lot. Will always remember that waterloo mud.

The Brandrup folding carpet works well.

We will hopefully be stocking a range of Marco Polo brandrup products in the autumn Comfortz leisure will also be making products for the Marco Polo
Nick is looking for volunteers in the chesterfield derby area who are able to pop into the shop if you can please email nick at comfortzleisure@aol.com

It's not ideal but if it's loose laid then it should be ok. It's when you stick flooring down that you get "grin through" as we call it in the trade!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It's not ideal but if it's loose laid then it should be ok. It's when you stick flooring down that you get "grin through" as we call it in the trade!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you. It's not going to cost the earth so worth a try. Thanks for answering :thanks

Get a rubber backed carpet mat like sunlight or any workshop laundry company uses.and just roll it up at night it just sits on the floor rolled nice and tight then when it's dirty just jet wash it hey presto new again they do a dark gray that's perfect

Back