Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Matt Watson reviews the Cali Ocean

I like watching car wow reviews on the latest, well cars, as there honest and to the point, so was happy to see the California getting a review.

What are your thoughts?

Is this not old hat. As for the reviewer - his opinion based on ignorance.

And thought the 'Void' was a bit harsh. But its an unbiased review from someone who reviews 100s of vehicles and has been for years. Of course i dont agree though, but feel im a die hard VW camper kinda person now so of course going to be slightly biased.

My Cali gets more admiring glances than any other vehicle I’ve ever owned...
I parked next to a Ferrari and an RS6 at a car meet recently and still had loads of people flocking round checking out the van.
Pretty much overshadowed the cars next to me:cool:

Autoebid currently offer an 8.5% discount from list prices and you can configure the exact vehicle you want, it still comes through the VW dealer network, worth bearing in mind for anyone thinking of ordering via a dealer and paying near full price !

God it’s confusing when threads get merged. For those who are late to this thread, the post 7 above this one by MarkVw2017 was the first in a new thread that’s just been merged with a Dec 2018 thread by motacyclist

Get bored of people saying how many hotels they can get for the price of a cali. Thing is my cali is always available. Hotels aren't. No matter how much money you have. Especially in lake district through summer or anytime in York with 2 night minimum stays etc but I can camp there whenever I like. I challenge him to find a hotel in York on Friday and I'll meet him there for a pint .I will be camping

Whenever someone says "65 Grand? How many holidays in the hotel can you get for that?" I know they simply don't get it. Move on and watch reviews by someone who does.
A bit like saying 28 grand for a car?, how many taxis could you get for that ? Ridiculous comment

Something very wrong with this still picture.........[/QUOTE]
Is it a reverse image as it looks like the door is on the wrong side?

Awkward to adjust lumber support with hand brake on, possibly, but the more relevant problem would have been the rotating of the drivers seat with the handbrake on.
I adjust lumbar support whilst I'm driving. I generally drive with the handbrake off. What a nob

I generally have the drivers seat facing the front when driving ! Not always though !
Many many wrongs in that dudes video. Even his ruck sack analogy at the start he dropped the plates in some cow pats

Get bored of people saying how many hotels they can get for the price of a cali. Thing is my cali is always available. Hotels aren't. No matter how much money you have. Especially in lake district through summer or anytime in York with 2 night minimum stays etc but I can camp there whenever I like. I challenge him to find a hotel in York on Friday and I'll meet him there for a pint .I will be camping
Do you side of the road field camp or camp on sites, as already seen some lake District sites already booked up :Nailbiting. We want to go in April easter hols, any recommendations :)

Do you side of the road field camp or camp on sites, as already seen some lake District sites already booked up :Nailbiting. We want to go in April easter hols, any recommendations :)
Both. Searchforsites app is great. Gives pub stops etc.. My point is with cali I'm more likely to get somewhere to stay than a bloke with 65 Grand in his pocket relying on hotels being available

Both. Searchforsites app is great. Gives pub stops etc.. My point is with cali I'm more likely to get somewhere to stay than a bloke with 65 Grand in his pocket relying on hotels being available

People used to think I was nuts when I got my Cali.

I was spending about two months a year going to various WW1 remembrance group meets in France and Belgium, and "of course we will find you a really nice room in the hotel as part of your expenses package"..... "Why would I want one of those? Overheated, sleeping in someone else bed, kept awake by someone else television and woken up in the morning by everyone elses door banging? Find me a nice spot in the car park please"

That "reviewer" just doesn't get it. My space, where I want to put it, where I can sleep disturbed by no one else and only woken up by the wildlife I am sharing space with.

People used to think I was nuts when I got my Cali.

I was spending about two months a year going to various WW1 remembrance group meets in France and Belgium, and "of course we will find you a really nice room in the hotel as part of your expenses package"..... "Why would I want one of those? Overheated, sleeping in someone else bed, kept awake by someone else television and woken up in the morning by everyone elses door banging? Find me a nice spot in the car park please"

That "reviewer" just doesn't get it. My space, where I want to put it, where I can sleep disturbed by no one else and only woken up by the wildlife I am sharing space with.
Nothing beats your own bed. Your own bed sheets Your fridge. Nothing and the beers in the fridge

Last edited:
Back